POWDER 101

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Urza, Feb 17, 2008.

Feb 17, 2008

POWDER 101 by Urza at 10:51 AM (2,370 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States
    POWDER 101
    Alot of updates
    [​IMG]

Download and changelog below.

[title:Changelog]# Before I go any farther, I have corrected the spelling of recieve in Klaskov's description. (Rapacity)
    # "Adventuring can make onE hungry..." (TemporalParadox)
    # Items will fall down holes and be teleported by teleport traps. (Patch by Richard Quirk)
    # Transparent spelled properly in Options menu (Michael Brough)
    # Identify spell takes effect after inventory is cleared so you won't end up with the new name of the item clipped.
    # Leaving the inventory by pressing the Inventory Icon will no longer consume a turn.
    # The classic font has two pixel corrections (Markus Maier)
    # You now have a choice of five different fonts, four of which have been crafted by Markus Maier. Default is one of his - a shadowed variant of the default font.
    # You are now prompted to enter the dimensional portal when you step on it, avoiding issues where people didn't know they needed to climb into it.
    # Loading a game that was saved with a from-disk tileset when you no longer have a valid from-disk tileset will no longer crash. (Markus Maier)
    # If you are petrified while possessing a creature, you automatically release possession (with system shock) rather than ending the game. (wings)
    # Uninitialized memory caused all creatures to be very noisy after a load, allowing you to sense them with H. (Deozaan)
    # In memory of Nick Sabo's lost character, there is now an Option to Collapse the dungeon. This destroys all non-quest items on the floor of levels other than your own. Debug Info has been augmented to report your total item usage. This can be used to avoid memory problems on the GBA pending an auto-collapse mode. (Nick Sabo)
    # 50% bonus to food value when eating corpses when you have the Butchery skill (Derek Ray)
    # "The spear falls into the water" now has a period at the end.
    # When you pray your current god is reported. (Brendan)
    # When you load a game or gain a level as a Cultist you will receive the behaviour hint. (Beefhaze)
    # Description of Soul Suck spell now uses amnesic rather than amnesiac as it is an adjective, not a noun.
    # A new pointed medium weapon: Rapiers. (Terje Bo)
    # You can now choose your gender at character creation. (Bridget Farace, Irashtar)
    # Amnesia inflicted from soul suckers will end a few turns after the soul sucker is killed.
    # New skill: Disarm.
    # A bad pointer cast has been removed, hopefully will compile on 64 bit platforms now. (elcugo)
    # The free spell slots and skill slots of creatures is no longer there hit and magic dice. Instead it is a much lower number. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of polymorphing into an Iron Golem as you won't have enough skill/spell slots to effectively use the new form.
    # You can no longer use teleport control to teleport into Belweir's Library. (Derek Ray)
    # Created a Wish action which is useful for debugging.
    # Hitting up at the top of the inventory will bring you to the bottom of the previous column, and vice versa. This lets you iterate over your inventory by only hitting a single button. (Tim Allen)

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    What a great post-100th update!

I remember playing back around the 32nd update...

3. Brainy142

Member Brainy142 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    LOL mac sucks LOL. I really shoud use this more often

4. gh0ul

Member gh0ul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bravo! Bravo! Keep up the great work. this game keeps getting better and better [​IMG]
    i wonder what his next goal is? 200? to me, the game really doesnt need any more improvements

5. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    whats this game all about? O.o

6. gh0ul

United States
    its a variation of Nethack, a dungeon crawer. I see it as a 2D version of the Diablo series on the PC. I personally love powder compared to the other ports because it's newbie friendly and yet its a deep game. i only started playing this game in january, and its by far my favorite game on the ds. [​IMG]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nethack

7. ASK

Newcomer ASK Advanced Member

Canada
    Well technically gh0ul it's a roguelike game, not a variation of Nethack (which is also a roguelike)!

I love powder though. Still haven't gotten particularly deep into the dungeon because I'm quite impatient and always end up doing something to get killed. In time, maybe I'll ascend [​IMG]

8. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States

9. gh0ul

United States
    Ops...i mean, yeah thats what i meant. [​IMG]

10. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I chose new game, and started in a place without door, just one ladder to the surface.

on another play, I ended down floor 4 without any escape ladder :/

Except those errors when creating the levels, this version plays well.
    (or maybe there are secret traps in walls ?)

11. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States
    You need to use Search on the walls (mutiple times possibly, as your character might not see it the first).