• Start date
  • Views 2,580
  • Replies 4
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
nintendologo.png

The Wii U has always been infamous for its tablet-ish controller, poor advertisement for the console's popularity (which made people think the GamePad was an add-on for the Wii or playable without the Wii U), a commercial failure, lack of third party support and still with a primitive online service but why exactly am I led to believe 2016's is the final year for it? Reasons below.

150914120232-nintendo-new-ceo-780x439.jpg

Nintendo's new president Tatsumi Kimishima has recently said that he and Nintendo want to move away from the Wii-brand so as such in the future there will not be anymore Wii-titled consoles for the sake of attracting other gamers than casuals and families, as well as other positive aspects of the market. The second reason? Wii U has a really short library of games coming in 2016.

nintendo_wii_u_black.jpg

That list being the following:
  1. Twilight Princess HD (March 4, 2016)
  2. Zelda Wii U (ETA 2016)
  3. Star Fox Zero (ETA 2016)
  4. Pokkén Tournament (ETA 2016)
  5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (ETA 2016)
  6. Project Guard and Project Giant Robot (ETA 2016)
Admittedly Nintendo confirmed that "Zelda Wii U" will be out by 2016 as well as Star Fox Zero and Pokkén Tournament but there's the possibility that they'll also delay again and make these titles available for the next Nintendo home console (codename "NX").

Zelda-Wii-U2.jpg

With that said, I hope better days of Nintendo gaming are coming (Tatsumi Kimishima I believe he will make things better) and that they won't force Amiibo "DLC" on future games unnecessarily, if anything, then it should be sold as digital DLC. Mr. Iwata, rest in peace with the other legends as you did good by your Nintendo fans.

P.S. Hope you like this point of view of mine. ;)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-236924

OP
If they delay the next Zelda again and decide to release it on the next console instead, GG everyone who bought a Wii U in anticipation haha

Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
If they delay the next Zelda again and decide to release it on the next console instead, GG everyone who bought a Wii U in anticipation haha
Wii U has lost a couple of exclusives along the year:
  1. ZombiU (available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One)
  2. Rayman Legends (due to ZombiU horrific sales UbiSoft delayed and made it into a multiplatform game)
  3. Hyrule Warriors (to be released on the 3DS)
  4. Sonic Lost World (available on PC)
  5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive edition but Square Enix changed their mind)
  6. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (planned as a Wii U exclusive edition but again, turned to a multiplatform title)
The fans shouldn't be angry at the companies but Nintendo for releasing a hardware that sold poorly so in the business sense, it would be idiotic to keep it as an exclusive.

Edit: ZombiU Part 2 was planned but it was ditched due to the sales not meeting Ubi's requirement @ http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Zo...soft-First-Game-Didn-t-Make-Profit-57360.html

Last edited by ,

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont know i did buy a Wii back then because of the motion stuff. Its nice for some games but got overused in most games. I still prefer a normal joypads.
The software libary on wii was not really what i wanted most of the time. Im glad i sold it a few years later, because most of the time it was collecting dust and when i did use it it was mostly for hacking and homebrew.
One mistake was doin a lot casual games for Wii.

Wii U: Well i admid i dont follow much the releases of Wii U, basicly i think mostly the same old games with a few changes.
Even watching on the posted list and it confirms my thoughts.
I dont really know but i think the Wii U did not had much 3rd party titels. Thats making the Wii U less attractive to gamers. I think mostly only Nintendo fans or fans of a Nintendo game title mostly buy/bought the Wii U.

As for me i didnt had any interest in the Wii U and lost most of my faith for Nintendo with the Wii.
I dont think i would buy the next Nintendo console, because i might even end up worse then with the Wii U.

On a side note i wont buy other consoles aswell, im kinda happy with my new Gaming PC.

Last edited by DSAndi,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It sort of stands to reason: nintendo is working on NX games right now. As such, there aren't many games being made. Especially with third party support being what it is (*insert cricket sounds*).

The wiiu name has been a colossal failure. Just last weekend, I got into an argument with my girlfriend at their sister's house. They have a white wiiu. It was actually the first time I've seen a wiiu outside my own home, so I mentioned it. She insisted that it was a wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands