Potential Top 10 Worst Games of 2014

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
A lot are still yet to be released but I'll make my own predictions and you're welcomed to do yours too.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (or Ghosts 2)
2. Kinect Sports Rival
3. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
4. Halo: Spartan Assault
5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
6. Asassin's Creed Liberation HD

It's hard to put a list of 2014's worst games (so I didn't finish 7-10) but for sure Battle of Z is definitely going to be in them, so is Kinect titles, Call of Duty and so forth.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really know, in all honesty, I assume SSBU will be a fine game, im just busting chops by going against the popular opinion. Although I dont have high hopes for the 3DS version.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they come out this year, Kingdom Hearts 3 & Monster Hunter 4.

If they announce another Sonic Adventure (though to me Sonic '06 was pretty much that) that'll probably be worse too though I can't see how it can be worse than the first two. :mthr:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he meant the general 3ds. It might finally actually turn it around this year (somewhat doubtful but I have seen little on the upcoming stuff so I can not say much).

Anyway so far I am going to have to echo GameWinner. In recent years I have not seen COD or Halo totally drop the ball (give or take Halo RTS and maybe some of the Wii/DS versions of the COD games). They might not be games you care to play owing to story (and Fantasy America Fuck Yeah, and Future America Fuck Yeah are not themes I find terribly entertaining) or whatever but worst is a serious stretch when they are largely well polished games.

On Dragon Ball Z... it seems to be a theme of yours in recent times, I have not really played any since the 16 bit era but they all failed to set the world alight beyond people that liked them (and some people seem to really like them). Looking at the reviews and early comment (it is out today in the US) it seems it might be more of a big deviation from previous games (and it does seem to be a big one, the switch from technical/street fighter clone to actual button masher is enough to note).

I have not played or heard of the rest and it is too early in the year for me to consider even naming a single game that I can be reasonably sure will be up there.
Edit.
Also what Hadrian said.

Reactions: CompassNorth

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wat does EA have lined up for this year? :tpi:

But in more serious matter: I think titanfall and destiny aren't going to live up to their hype. Not sure if they'll actually be bad, but I doubt they're going to be as great as they appear now.

And though I dislike it, I doubt bayonetta 2 will make much of a splash. Perhaps it'll be a great game, but I fear the sales won't be nowhere as expected.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant be bothered to check whats announced thoroughly but any follow ups to the following are most likely doomed to fail + some games im pretty sure will flop and reasons why.

1) Resident evil 7 - They wont learn from how bad 6 was.
2) Donkey kong country: tropical freeze - First game was tolerable for nostalgic reasons but i doubt anyone really wanted a follow up
3) The next scribblenauts game - Idea is getting old
4) Alien: isolation - It will be great for about 20mins then get old fast (like hyperspeed fast)
5) Final fantasy: lightning returns - The most overated character in final fantasy history returns for another predictable follow up to a game noone liked anyway.
6) Dragon ball Z - Iv seen gameplay of it. That enough reason?
7) Monster hunter 4 - They've already announced a "ultimate" version of it and the game has been out like... months? This worries me (as a fan of the games)
9) Metal gear solid 5? 6? w/e - No david hayter for a start and the fact they've incorporated driving into a stealth game. Y'know... cars, known for their stealthyness
10) ANY expansions to the following fighting games - Soul calibur , street fighter, Blazblue

Reactions: ßleck

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
really? that's a bummer. I just saw a gameplay video on YT and it looked like a decent fighting game in the vein of Street Fighter IV

Yeah it's quite unfortunate I really like fighting games and it's disappointing this didn't live to its expectations.

Amazon.jp - 2/5 score overall by 1,703 reviewers.

Link: http://tinyurl.com/qcbb6mk

When it's released in Europe/US it'll be even more exposed by its flaws which makes me wonder why they'd want to release a game that's so highly detested by customers.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it's released in Europe/US it'll be even more exposed by its flaws which makes me wonder why they'd want to release a game that's so highly detested by customers.
I guess the decision of publishing it in EUR/USA has been made before receiving this negative feedback

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2