potential ds lite power switch replacement whoopsie

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thrallking, Jul 12, 2008.

1. thrallking
    OP

Newcomer thrallking Member

United States
    I was working on repairing my ds lite power switch (I got the thing for free, heheh) and while desoldering the power switch, there was a bit of a problem.

Here is an image of a ds lite that has had a similar issue:

[​IMG]

The pads on the left hand side are not important, just for stability. My problem is that the critical connector #2 came off of the board, and stripped off of the board up to the brass ring in front of it. I am hoping when I put the replacement switch on (when it comes in) I can either put a dab of solder on the brass ring to reattach the connection or a strip of electrical tape should hold it down. I just hope I did not screw up this little freebie.

I always have the original ds they gave me to fall back on.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Hmm, I would say that a TINY bit of solder would be your best bet.

Though for future reference, it is a lot easier to only desolder the pads left and right, and lift off the metal cover (not the whole thing) and replace the parts inside.

Though I don't know whether that is possible with the replacement switch, I just used another DSlite.

3. thrallking
    OP

Newcomer thrallking Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking, and I think I can pull that off. I will be sure to shave a little solder off of the wire and be a little more careful next time.