GCN Pot Tweak aint working halp!

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i've burned a copy of my Mario Kart DD on a Verbatim 8cm DVD-R, and the same game on a Noname DVD+R RW
(XENOGC Succsessful installed, I can see the Shell and original Games work just fine (I've run a game for 10h in it and no DRE))
So I measured the resistance of my Laser Pot, and it was at 200 Ohms, thats pretty weird cuz I've heard that its most of the time its around 300.
My Gamecube is a Black one which still has the DIGITAL OUT.

So I've first went to 180 ohms Didn't work
then 150 ohms Didn't work
130 ohms Didn't work
100 ohms Didn't work
80 ohms Didn't work
60 ohms Didn't work

Tho the disk was spinning a bit the lower I changed the resistance so at 150 ohms it instantly stopped, but more down it spins a bit and then stops.

Any clue what 2 do?

D

Deleted User

It's probably the media then. Verbatim are good for most systems, but never had any success with them on a Gamecube. Almost everyone will suggest Riteks.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? I already explained in your other thread you made. It will be the discs and the burn speed with a GC, yet you still continue to use fricken DVD+R.

The cube is not friendly with all recordable media outhere and every console is different. What works for one, may not for another person(s)

Take my advice, get some Ridata (Ritek purple G04 dye) burn Mario Kart @2x before messing with pot OHM's, as some consoles with those discs do not need a pot adjustment and can use default values fine.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously? I already explained in your other thread you made. It will be the discs and the burn speed with a GC, yet you still continue to use fricken DVD+R.

The cube is not friendly with all recordable media outhere and every console is different. What works for one, may not for another person(s)

Take my advice, get some Ridata (Ritek purple G04 dye) burn Mario Kart @2x before messing with pot OHM's, as some consoles with those discs do not need a pot adjustment and can use default values fine.
Ok Sir, I'll make it as you said. Thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo, theres no way to buy them for me. Is there an alternative? Because they are discontinued by Ritek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.