Postal/Courier Services - Good, bad, ok? Post your thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have felt the urge of doing that for a while. But why not now? Whats your thoughts on the postal services? Name them, tell us your experience with them and any comments you want too add :).

I will start of with a few in no particular order:

1)DHL:
I have had a lot of parcels through them. Documents that I needed to be delivered next day. Quite a pleasant service. Till one day.. I ordered a phone from O2. The phones expected delivery was the the day after (which was Wednesday). Wednesday evening, and I still havent gotten anything. I track my parcel, and its in manchester o.O So I am like huh, ok, probably went there by mistake. Next morning, I track the item and its in Glasgow! I am like what the fuck? Its going further and further away o.o I still have a track of where the item is, so I wasnt worried. Didnt bother checking for a few days and tracked it again. It was in Birmingham for a couple of days, tracking hasnt been updated for over 2 days there.
SO I call up O2, they contact DHL... what do I get? They apologize and say that the item has been lost without any traces o.o They said they would ship another phone right away but they are out of stock. So I was like I want my refund. Took a week or so, but I got the refund.

2)Royal Mail(including first, second and next day delivery, any deliveries they do):
To be honest, I have never had any issues with Royal Mail! Not gonna lie. Their next day delivery always got delivered next day. First class got delivered next day 99% of the time. International stuf.. well the delivery date for international received items is a little whacky, but hey, I get them eventually.

3)UPS:
WORST EVER! My personal candidate for being the worst. The closest UPS depot is 10 minutes walking distance from where I live. From the depot, you turn left and come to a T-junction. When you come to the T-Junction, you can see the name of the road that I live in. Quite a big sign post. You can see and read it, unless you are blind or uneducated of course. BUT, apparently the UPS drivers could NEVER find the road that I live in? not one, not two, BUT ON THREE occasions. Apparently the driver didnt know the address and was unable to deliver. I got pissed after the third occasion and walked to the depot to collect the parcel.

4)Parcelforce:
This one is a little weird. Sometimes you get them right on time, sometimes a bit late. But sometimes they drive past your house, without leaving any note and update the system as "delivery failed". Let me explain. It was a hot summer day and I was in my front garden. I see a parcelforce van go past my house. I was like "hmmm, wasnt I supposed to get something through them?". Go inside the house, check the tracking, and its updated as delivery failed, left parcel at local post office. Like what the fuckery? Didnt even bother complaining, went to the post office next morning to pick it up -.-
This happened couple of times. Sometimes they delivered next day, sometimes left at post office. BUT I NEVER GET A NOTE LEFT THROUGH MY DOOR!

5)Yodel:
Slow.. but always get the things delivered. Cant complain.

6)DPD:
So far so good. On a few occasions I feel as if they open my parcel or try to open it o.o "They" as in the delivery driver or whoever delivers it. Most of them look a bit dodgy, no offence.

7) Amazon Logistics:
Just to add to my frustrations... Amazon Logistics failed to deliver my item. They know for the fact that the items are lost and yet refuse to place a replacement order or refund until a few days have passed..

(I will update if more comes to my mind)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ipwndeveloper

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
my personal worst case is UPS :P

never had anything through TNT, but didnt hear anything good about them.

Hermes arnt a postal service
they pay normal people very little and they only pay once its delivered, be it hiding the parcel under a car, on a roof, in a bin, my friend even had them throw one over his garden wall at the back and land in a bush and the note said "in a Bush out in your garden"

TNT seem ok but havnt really used them

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hermes arnt a postal service
they pay normal people very little and they only pay once its delivered, be it hiding the parcel under a car, on a roof, in a bin, my friend even had them throw one over his garden wall at the back and land in a bush and the note said "in a Bush out in your garden"

TNT seem ok but havnt really used them

lol, I actually got something through Hermes yesterday. I bought shinobi from amazon for £5 and it was delivered through hermes for whatever reason.
The neighbor living opposite me had something to be delivered too. He wasnt home, and they left the stuff outside in the garden, hidden away from the road.
(well i saw where they put it though o.O)

I can confirm that the story about hermes is right lol (I actually thought that the neighbor might have requested that lol.)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the ones I have dealt with have been OK. I have had a few lightly stroke the front gate and say I was not in, a few knock once and run as I am barrelling down the stairs, a few leave thousands of pounds worth of gear in the front porch (5m from the street, glass fronted) and.
The worst though is when they do one of the first two and I find their depot was quite literally across county lines (and it is not like that is the shorter distance) and you need to call ahead but of course their automated system is junk and their offices are only staffed on the 29th of February.

For the most part though everything I have got has got here in good enough time, any screwups were on the supplier end rather than delivery and I never send anything more than a letter or a card anyway. When it comes to buying it is usually Amazon (stocked and sent by them) or Aria (typically DPD), small enough to be shoved through the letterbox or bought reasonably locally and given a truck or a van to send it round in person.

That said I do not have anything bad to say about DPD and found their tracking options a nice touch.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No issues for me. Had deliveries via all the major couriers with no issues. The only thing that changes between them is the time they come.

Even had a few via hermes and no problem. Delivered to the door, rather than left in any random place.

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had anything bad from UPS. Other than missing them when I lived in Brooklyn. Leading to a battle of making sure you are around the following day so your package doesn't get returned.

The real problem is the USPS. On multiple occasions I have sent things that we're never delivered or waited to receive packages only to be disappointed. Some of the instances resulted in the package showing up eventually either back at the sender or to destination. Once my folks sent a box full of jams(sour cherry!!!) only to have the box be returned to them 6 months later mangled to hell. Thankfully the jam wasn't lost or tainted.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's luck, more that people don't really rant when they've had good service.

Might make a good blog though, just ranting about how parcels came on time etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having received probably at least 100 packages I can't say i've EVER had any problems from any of the couriers.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPS always rocks. USPS, though...

Two weeks ago I ordered an two items from different stores in California. One had free shipping, one did not. They were both marked as 'shipped' on the same day. The item with free shipping arrived in 3 days. I'm still waiting for the one I paid shipping for.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time UPS just threw a package from the driveway onto the porch rather than walk the 10 or so feet. Fortunately it wasn't anything breakable in that package, but that's still an abhorrent thing for a deliveryman to do.

Another time, I was at home and a package was supposed to arrive that day. Instead of coming to the door, ringing the bell, they just left the "missed you" note. But they didn't even leave it on the door, they stuck it on the mailbox without ever bothering to go up to the door.

No, there is no good reason for them to avoid going on my porch! I SWEAR!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellent

EMS, DHL, UPS

Good

Fedex, they sometimes don't ring the doorbell but when they don't, I always get my notice though and I can pick it up at 3-4 PM the same day and their warehouse is only 8 minutes away.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fedex dosent have a depot where im to. i happened to miss a delivery and they sent it 400 km to the next town, had to phone and beg them to redeliver it. and spent next 3 days stuck in the house waiting for the delivery man. it was only a used GBA, i dident even want it that bad, probably burned hundreds of dollars in petrol / gas just to deliver something that worth $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"