loerion.googlepages.com
XP
Country
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
Post Your Wii Updates & News Here
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

So as to stay updated without leaving the forum.

===make everyone counted and informed===

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apprently from this week certain UK Virgin Megastores will be contacted about getting Wii countdown clocks like was done for the DS.

Stores include:
Piccadilly
Bluewater
Liverpool
Cribbs Causeway
Kings Road
Bournemouth
Leeds
Meadowhall

This hasn't been confirmed though.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a site WiiNintendo.net used for just this purpose and since the people on GBAtemp are for the most part very up-to-date and knowledgeable, it would be great if you signed up to post your news/info/reviews/articles etc....

You can sign up and start posting on the main page right away, it's pretty cool. There's about 60 people signed up and about 5 of us who post regularly:

Submit your stuff:
http://wiinintendo.net/wp-register.php

The site:
http://wiinintendo.net

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Well if we're plugging sites now, I might as well plug my own. Check the signature.

While news has stopped being posted recently, expect news to be flooding in on the 23rd.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I have a site WiiNintendo.net used for just this purpose and since the people on GBAtemp are for the most part very up-to-date and knowledgeable, it would be great if you signed up to post your news/info/reviews/articles etc....

You can sign up and start posting on the main page right away, it's pretty cool. There's about 60 people signed up and about 5 of us who post regularly:

Submit your stuff:

The site:

hey i read a bit on that site...
and then it struck me!
in one of the headlines you wrote Sadness is being published by Majesco...
Then in the articletext you wrote Majesco is developing Sadness...

Now both you and I know that's BULLSHIT! Majesco isn't developing Sadness, they are only publishing... that is if, they ARE the publishers?
publishing != developing...

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: Wii launches in October. Several sources have this Ign hinted not only on their podcast of 2 weeks ago but also on the www.ign.com frontpage poll.

Pictures with dates (2 now around same date) http://slipperyfish.net/?pagename=possible-wii-release-date

Price im not sure of, a date in October neither. Could be late could be early could be in the middle
wink.gif

Waiting on the following:
Connect24 online info
Opera 9 features (straight port from pc meaning irc client builtin)
Online gameplay (yes we know it is free but beyond that the user interface)
Launch package (wiimote's? game ship with console?)

If i can think of others ill put these forward.
Have any news on the ? please post
wink.gif

bow.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country

You can sign up and start posting on the main page right away, it's pretty cool. There's about 60 people signed up and about 5 of us who post regularly:

Submit your stuff:

The site:

hey i read a bit on that site...
and then it struck me!
in one of the headlines you wrote Sadness is being published by Majesco...
Then in the articletext you wrote Majesco is developing Sadness...

Now both you and I know that's BULLSHIT! Majesco isn't developing Sadness, they are only publishing... that is if, they ARE the publishers?
publishing != developing...

I wasn't even aware that Sadness has a publisher announced.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a topic here that says it'll be Oct 2. I really hope it will be, I'm really hyper about the Wii.
I read that the controller will use 2 AAA batteries? I was hoping it would be rechargeable or something.. :S
Another thing that I found weird is that on Amazon.co.uk you can preorder wii games but not the actual console?

Anyways, can't wait!
biggrin.gif

RDF

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anyone even know when they'll announce the release date....or maybe when they'll announce when they're going to announce the release date 
blink.gif
?  I'm getting tired of all the speculation.

It's tomorrow , speculation is over by then
wink.gif

If not you would have to wait for the Tokyo Game Show to be over i think that is next month, by then all of the specs/details of every inch of the Wii and peripherals should be out.

Ehm http://gc2006.thq.de/?p=live/feed

They might be streaming stuff from the conference tomorrow.

bow.gif

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i found that the "Wii prove our promise" conference starts at 10:15AM. I'm assuming this is germany time, which means 3:15AM my time. I don't think i'll be staying up for that, but it will be a nice surprise in the morning!

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leipzig proved very nice.

So the only thing which was a major letdown is the lack of online support in the launchwindow games.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=1584

QUOTE said:
UPDATE 1: Ubisoft has more titles to be released after launch (not including what has already been announced). GT Pro has over 80 licensed vehicles and Nintendo Power confirms it as a Wii exclusive.

UPDATE 2: Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam will have a Create-a-skater mode that will also allow for old-school boards. When you fall off a board just shake the controller and you’ll get back on.

UPDATE 3: Lucasarts makes an interesting comment in response to Nintendo Power and the Wii: “Whatever Lucasarts can do to center future Star Wars games around story and character in the most innovative way possible, we will.”

UPDATE 4: Rampage: Total Destruction, compared to the Gamecube version, will have 10 new playable monsters (40 in total) and at least one new city; Dallas. You have TWO control options, one you can either play with the GCN controller or with the Wii-mote (it will be used for attacking) and Nunchuk (for controlling character). Also Nintendo Power confirms that visual enhancements, textures, new-bump mapping, more-detailed environments will be incorporated into the game.

SIDE NOTE: The Final Fantasy III six-page preview for the DS is amazing. The Wi-Fi portion allows for you to send messages or chat with friends. This issue makes you want the game so badly!

UPDATE 5: Call of Duty 3 is CONFIRMED for Launch Day. (Note: The screens in the magazine don’t look so great although Nintendo Power said the environments are impressive, best to wait for high-quality screenshots). Controls are like any other FPS on the Wii. However the game allows for simulation of ‘real world movements’ as Nintendo Power states “(one example is instead of pressing a button to plant and detonate an explosive you’ll have to go through steps to do it yourself) Say you find yourself in close-quarters combat with an enemy soldier; you can grab unto his rifle and shake the controller to wrench the weapon from his grasp.” Treyarch says “With the Wii controller, we effectively put that rifle into the player’s hands. When we found out the details (Wii-mote), we were really excited at the prospect of players getting to physically interact with the game world. The Wii remote has great precision, so when it’s rotated like a wheel, the steering movement of the jeep is really smooth.” The game has alot better AI compared to past COD titles and it also allows for ‘players choice’ routes.

UPDATE 6: Nintendo Power has a special section of ‘The Stuff of Legends Part 1? in preperation for Twilight Princess. Best transformation in the Zelda series is Light World and Dark World, best supporting character is Epona and top enemies are Otorocks.

UPDATE 7: Trauma Center: Second Opinion interview. Summary: Development started in January. Atlus says rather than calling it a remake, it’s a ‘perfect vision’. Game’s graphics are as realistic as possible and Chapter 6 is a completely new story with a different ending compared to the DS version. New character is in the game. Atlus hopes it’ll be more fun on the Wii than on the DS. Difficulty level is in the game. Game has mini-game type operations. A new tool is in the game that you would see in tv shows like ER that save patients from the brink of death. No plans for WiiConnect24 and the Speaker but they are interested in it for future projects.

UPDATE 8: The EA exclusive section doesn’t really have much. It mentions the six games that EA has planned for the Wii. It has EA Canada’s John Schappert talking about how great the Wii is and says “We appreciate Nintendo’s tenacity to bring new gamers to us; people who haven’t played games before.” EA isn’t giving out info on games other than Madden and NFS. The section gives a bit of ideas of the games but nothing brand new or special.

SIDE NOTE: The Baten Kaitos Origins (an RPG) preview for GCN is really nice. Story takes place twenty years prior the original game where the empire first rose. This game would have been great on the Wii, but it’s a great addition to the last of GCN’s library (it comes out in September).

UPDATE 9: A List of Games Nintendo Power wants to see on the Wii (Wii versions that is not VC): (They mentioned a Thief title) Nights 2 (they want it the most), Billy Hatcher, Panzer Dragoon, Wind Ring-Klonoa, Bionic Commando, PunchOut!, Hogen’s Alley, Point Blank, House of the Dead, ’something like’ Silent Hill (they go on mention something about ‘hearing the telephone’ ring on the Wii-mote…possible hint to VOIP? Who knows) and Mario Paint Sequel.

SIDE NOTE: Speculation: Nintendo Power asks about a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel and they got a reply about it being a ’secret’. Wonder if they’ll bring the ‘RPG that can be played a 1000 times’ to the Wii.

UPDATE 10: Next Month’s Issue will feature Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Gamecube version of Madden NFL 07 got a 9.0 while The Ant Bully got a 5.0. Both titles are headed to the Wii.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Operating system can be updated according to the interview with Wii hardware developers.

http://www.gamefront.de/

QUOTE said:
Sonntag, 10.09.06

Update für Wii-Betriebssystem möglich

10.09.06 - Das Betriebssystem von Wii lässt sich auch nach der Auslieferung via Update aktualisieren. Das bestätigte Herr Takeda vom Wii-Entwicklungsteam im Gespräch mit Nintendo-Präsident Satoru Iwata.

Wii ist die erste Konsole von Nintendo, bei der so ein Update und damit auch das Hinzufügen neuer Funktionen möglich ist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet