Hacking Post your which flashcart to buy questions here!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing way too many "Which flashcart should I buy?" threads and I felt this would help clean them up. Simply fill in the template below and post it here. Someone will probably be kind enough to answer with a flashcart name and a suggested shop.

Delete what's the parentheses and put your information

System: (DS, DSL, DSi, DSi XL/LL)
Price range: (specify currency)
Other requirements: (features you want, etc)
Suggested: (flashcarts you're already interested in)
Additional information: (additional necessary info that hasn't been covered in the above. Delete this entire line if there is none)

Useful links before you make a decision...

List of flashcart dealers never to buy from

GBAtemp's Official List of Flashcart Dealers *Slightly outdated*

Flashing Hardware and Software Forum

I didn't bother linking to the reviews since many of them are outdated.

A list of our official sponsors...

- 0ShippingZone

- ConsoleSource

- Gamezway

- 5th Dimension Store

- Kick Gaming

theory18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System: DSL
Price range: less then 30$
Other requirements: Supports as many games possible and support for future games.
Suggested: I already have a DSTT
Additional information: Well i own a DSTT atm but it seems future games won't be supported or playable in the near future as i see it now, but i could be wrong would be nice to have a card that updates regularly so latest games could be playable(dying to play bejeweled).
I dont want the most popular game, rather just the best card atm.

Thanks in advance.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theory18 said:
Other requirements: Supports as many games possible and support for future games.
Additional information: Well i own a DSTT atm but it seems future games won't be supported or playable in the near future as i see it now, but i could be wrong would be nice to have a card that updates regularly so latest games could be playable(dying to play bejeweled).

Thanks in advance.
Seeing as all you want is to play games well i would suggest the Acekard 2i to you as it updates quick and fits in well to what you want.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theory18 said:

Thanks in advance.

i recommend the aceakrd 2i, you can get it for cheap here : GameKool

and i also recommend using AKAIO.

kittenluvermeowz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System: At the moment a DS Lite, though it's almost on it's death bed, and therefor I will be replacing it with a DSi XL or DSi some day.
Price range: Price really is not an issue
Suggested: I would like an interface like the old R4DS's as I used to have one, and wouldn't like to bother learning a new one.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kittenluvermeowz said:
System: At the moment a DS Lite, though it's almost on it's death bed, and therefor I will be replacing it with a DSi XL or DSi some day.
Price range: Price really is not an issue
Suggested: I would like an interface like the old R4DS's as I used to have one, and wouldn't like to bother learning a new one.
iEDGE is kind of like the R4 interface and probably the best thing that is close to it.

@Guild Don't we already have a topic for this? Well I'd suppose it is burried somewhere. Edit: Actually its still on the first page of this section. Do people not want to scroll down?
tongue.gif

chuck67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System: DSi XL/LL
Price range: $30-60
Other requirements: only features i want is full compatibility with all games. current & future, and support for DSI XL
Suggested: really interested in the m3i Zero, but dont know much about it.

If anyone could help me out with this, i would really appreciate it!
smile.gif
im going to purchase a DSI XL next month, and need a good reliable flash cart to work with it.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy m3i you can run Sakura and if you want you can have SIX firmwares
100% game compatibility in ds games and very frequent updates

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Porobu said:
Buy m3i you can run Sakura and if you want you can have SIX firmwares
100% game compatibility in ds games and very frequent updates
WHO NEEDS SIX

AND IT'S FOUR

AND ONE OF THEM IS R4 FIRMWARE (WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT)

GAAH

FABRICATED STATEMENTS RULE; LIKE CAPS LOCK!

Short: amount of firmwares loses to compatibility (though, it is really great in M3 it seems) but saying it runs 6 firmwares when it has 5 where one is actually just a multiboot firmware choice system and one of them is a firmware far inferior - in levels that you actually should not even WANT to run it on M3 - well...

anyway. As saying, saying "IT HAS SIX FIRMWARES" is like saying "HOLY HOLE THIS HAS USELESS LOAD OF OTHER SHIT! GET IT!" (because as long as I think, sakura is the best only choice.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
System:DSL
Price range:Less than $30
Other requirements:Best compatibility for existing games and should have good support from the team.Fast OS and optional RTG and RTS. Good build quality.
Suggested: Supercard DSone(i),M3i Zero,iEdge? Maybe an AK2i
Additional information:I am looking for a repleacement for my DSTT due to its outdated firmware. I used to have a CycloDS but unfortunately lost it during a bus trip. Anyway, I want to be able to play the newer games that are released and also want good build quality since I have already destroyed my AK2i with my idiocy.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mysterio said:
Other requirements:Best compatibility for existing games and should have good support from the team.Fast OS and optional RTG and RTS. Good build quality.
Additional information:I am looking for a repleacement for my DSTT due to its outdated firmware. I used to have a CycloDS but unfortunately lost it during a bus trip. Anyway, I want to be able to play the newer games that are released and also want good build quality since I have already destroyed my AK2i with my idiocy.
If you want a cart with the best firmware and features go for the M3 Real(NOT ZERO)
Or
If you are ready to have slightly more extra features, better build quaility but slower firmware go for Supercard DS ONe

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Rockstar said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
If you want a cart with the best firmware and features go for the M3 Real(NOT ZERO)
Or
If you are ready to have slightly more extra features, better build quaility but slower firmware go for Supercard DS ONe
Why the M3 Real? Why not the M3i Zero? Also I dont need the ram,rumble or gba expansions.
Could you please give me a comparison of the M3s and Supercard DSone in terms of built quality, firmware, combatibility, usability, features etc?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because it's cheaper if you have a DS Lite. If you're going to buy an M3, get the M3i0, just in case you ever get a DSi.

I'd get a SuperCard DSonei though, it's a really solid card with the best support there is.

Toksikthunda

Trophies
XP
Country
im looking for a flashcard with good game compatibility and can be updated for future blocks by Nintendo it would be a bonus if the flashcard was fast on loading times, good build quality and could be updated easily. thanks and i have another question which is that how much games can approximately can be stored on a 4gb memory card thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you can find enough for it