Post your USB loader casemods or *ideas* for casemods

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by franky86, Jun 4, 2009.

1. franky86
    OP

franky86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    I picked up a couple of these external hard drives on sale. I liked the look and it sits nicely between my Wii and 360.

[​IMG]

But it doesn't really match and it stands out.

Theres one guy who did an amazing job modding a Pelican case for his Wii into an professional looking set up, if you haven't seen it here a pic and a link to his thread:

[​IMG]
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154808

I almost want to directly copy him because that Pelican case makes a great base for any project with a hard that can fit in it. But I want to try something new.

I have a few old NES's kicking around that I've contemplated modding my Wii into one like here:

[​IMG]
    http://hackawii.com/wiitendo-hack-a-wii-in...-case/#more-186

Theres a lot of room in an NES for a hard drive and the wii's hardware, but it would probably require more work than just sticking a whole wii case into the NES.

Theres also the whole stuff a NES and SNES into a toaster mod thats been floated around that looks neat, but it wouldn't look near as cool with a wii because no cartridges to stick out the top so have no idea how I'd get it to work out.

[​IMG]

I know the guy with the pelican case can't be the only one out there whos made a nice cozy place for their usb drive to sit. POSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

2. wiiman123

wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    The Pelican case looks very nice and practical. Luv it.

3. franky86
    OP

franky86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    yeah, the random 'box' on the side seems like it was just made for a hard drive. its hard to think of anything else to use to house a hard drive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice