XP
Country
Morocco
Use? Both GBA & NDS games, the multimedia and other stuffs don't matter
Price Range? +/- 70$
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 & 2 obviously since I want gba and nds games
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? Yes !
Special features? The flashcart has to support gba and nds cheat codes, and also it would be very nice if it has an ergonomic menu !
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: There are too many to choose from.
frown.gif
Plus I don't have any real preference for any manufacturer as long as the team is keeping their product up to date.

And thanks in advance !

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Van_Tastic said:
Use? Both GBA & NDS games, the multimedia and other stuffs don't matter
Price Range? +/- 70$
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 & 2 obviously since I want gba and nds games
GBA compatibility? Yes !
Special features? The flashcart has to support gba and nds cheat codes, and also it would be very nice if it has an ergonomic menu !
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: There are too many to choose from.
frown.gif
Plus I don't have any real preference for any manufacturer as long as the team is keeping their product up to date.

And thanks in advance !
Check out the M3 Perfect Bundle, has everything you need.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14165

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
OK thank you very much ! I've got one more more question to ask, is dealextreme a reliable dealer ? Because the prices are really cheap compared to other similar shops.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Van_Tastic said:
OK thank very much ! I've got more more question to ask, is dealextreme is a reliable dealer ? Because the prices are really cheap compared to other similar shops.

Yes, Deal Extreme is very reliable. Their shipping sucks though, quite slow.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Van_Tastic said:
As long as the package arrives in good condition, that's fine with me
biggrin.gif

Yeh the package will arive fine. Even tho people say the shipping sucks its not always like tht. I ordered an M3i0 off them and got the package in like a week. i was quite amazed as most people are always saying its really crap. So you may be lucky like me

Moghild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
yaynds.gif

Use? I want to play NDS and GBA games.
Price Range? ~50$
Slot 1/2? New flashcard for slot 1 (I've already got a R4DS but it's outdated) and for slot 2 (because of GBA games)
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD/SDHC
GBA compatibility? Yes
Special features? It has to be compatible with AR Cheats (when necessary) but that's all
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2i (though I only have a DSL) + EZ-Flash 3 in 1

Thanks in advance

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

Use? I want to play NDS
Price Range? ~20$
Slot 1/2? Slot one
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? AR compataible and plays Pokemon Games with corruptions
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2 + ez-Flash 3 in 1+Clcyo(spell check please) DS just any one as long as it plays all the new games and Plays
Pokemon games without corrupting like my R4i-sdhc

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? I want to play NDS games
Slot 1/2? Preferably Slot 1, but i don't mind.
GBA compatibility? Don't care, don't need it.
Special features? Compatable with AR cheats (preferably so i can just stick one of the databases on there and thats it) and good compatability
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: (supercard) DSonei. Only because i currently have a Supercard MiniSD and thought i should go for the same.

Compatability with new games (eg: patches, updates, etc) is very important. I can't even get M&L3 or Kingdom Hearts to work on my current Supercard. So whatever has the highest chance of playing them easily (and playing future games with ease) definitely sounds awesome.

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
@megaphoenix - It might be worth it to get a DSONEi because it can sort of connect with your Supercard MiniSD, but you'd have to put up with a horridly slow menu. Probably best option is the AceKard 2i because it updates FAST.

thanks, i've now put in an order for one
biggrin.gif

Chaos_Tsukasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use?: Almost exclusively DS games.
Price Range?:I'd like to pay less than $50, but I don't mind paying for quality.
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory?: Micro SDHC
GBA compatibility?: Unnecessary, but it'd be nifty.
Special features?: I just want a cart that updates frequently enough. I currently have an R4 SDHC, and I can't get any of the newer games to run on it. Just looking for a cart that stays up to date with the latest games. I'm using a DSLite and don't plan on buying a DSi.

daProphet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? NDS games, the multimedia and other stuffs don't matter
Price Range? around 30
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
GBA compatibility? no
Special features? The flashcart has to support nds cheat codes, and also it would be very nice if it has an ergonomic menu !
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: acekard 2i or m3i zero
i want something with good support form the team behind the flashcart as well as something that can play current games

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daProphet said:
Use? NDS games, the multimedia and other stuffs don't matter
Price Range? around 30
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
GBA compatibility? no
Special features? The flashcart has to support nds cheat codes, and also it would be very nice if it has an ergonomic menu !
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: acekard 2i or m3i zero
i want something with good support form the team behind the flashcart as well as something that can play current games
Both have a great support system and an awesome menu setup. Get the Zero if you want RTS/RTG, or the Acekard which is the best bang for the buck.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Use?: Play games....
Price Range?:It is not so important...
Slot 1/2?: Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory?: Micro SDHC/Micro SD
GBA compatibility?: No
Special features?: I just want a cart that updates frequently enough+have good build quality...

I interested In M3 and Acekard 2..
I using DS Lite...

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Use? On a DSi console, NDS games, DSi games, DSiware
Price Range? below 100$
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
GBA compatibility? not needed unless DSi has a secret GBA slot?
Special features? savegames, customizable menus, shoots lazers, summon demons, attracts women
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: nope, that's why I'm here...

My latest Flash Card just died (Acekard2) So I'm wondering on simply upgrading and get a DSi with a new flash card and give my DS Lite to my mom (She only has my older DS Phat).

I read about Specific DSi Games not working? Is this still true? Is the DSiWare playable (downloadable like roms? or on a hacked wii with Wad install)?

The main reason I want a DSi console is the upcoming game "Ghostwire" that uses the camera for gaming.

Thanks!

odyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? DS games
Price range? Not my most important criteria. As inexpensive as possible, matching all other criteria.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 (do they even make slot 2 devices anymore? Why would anyone want one?)
Built in/expandable memory Doesn't matter. But if built-in, need 512MB or more.
GBA compat Not necessary, but it can't hurt..
Special features MOST IMPORTANT: Trouble free, 100% compatibility with all current US NDS roms with latest firmware, frequent and timely updates to firmware for newly released games.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: CycloDS and Acekard 2i seem to be popular options. I will consider anything NOT made by the people who made the g6 lite.

I currently have a G6 lite. I'm extremely disappointed that it is incompatible with many recent games that I want to play, and has not been updated in more than a year. I paid a lot of money for this device ($100+), and I now very much regret buying it. It has not met my expectations by any means, and I will not by anything from the company that made it ever again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odyssy said:
Use? DS games
Price range? Not my most important criteria. As inexpensive as possible, matching all other criteria.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 (do they even make slot 2 devices anymore? Why would anyone want one?)
Special features MOST IMPORTANT: Trouble free, 100% compatibility with all current US NDS roms with latest firmware, frequent and timely updates to firmware for newly released games.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: CycloDS and Acekard 2i seem to be popular options. I will consider anything NOT made by the people who made the g6 lite.

I currently have a G6 lite. I'm extremely disappointed that it is incompatible with many recent games that I want to play, and has not been updated in more than a year. I paid a lot of money for this device ($100+), and I now very much regret buying it. It has not met my expectations by any means, and I will not by anything from the company that made it ever again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..
Acekard 2i and call it a day. You did say "As inexpensive as possible" It will do everything you ask and it has an amazing support channel.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man... I remember the day when I used to post here so much. My posts used to be so detailed. And don't worry, this is a second opinion just so you know ;P.

odyssy said:
Use? DS games

Umm... G6 Lite is the secondary one that goes in Slot -2 right? If it is... Okay xD. If it isn't then there is a firmware update for the G6/M3 Real. But what ever.

Just check out the AceKard 2i then put akAIO firmware onto it (isn't official, but is much better than official). It is very affordable, less that $20. And since you don't need any extra features, then that's good... And for Slot-2, you should get a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. So you can use: NDS Browser, play GBA Games, get rumble.

Should only total up to $40 /w tax... Could be less... But what ever,.

CptPeanuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Playing DS ROMS
Price range? Not really too worried about price to be honest
Slot 1/2? This is actually my first DS, so from what I understand, I'd like a Slot-1
Built in/expandable memory Prefer something with MicroSDHC as I have about 60GB of cards laying around
GBA compat It would be nice. Never know when you'd like to revist some older stuff
Special features Would like some good support. I really hate having something go wrong and waiting 6 weeks for a response back.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Just bounced back and forth between Acekard 21 and CycloDS as I'm not too familiar with all the selections available

This will be for my sons b-day coming up next weekend, so I'm going to be looking for a reputable store to buy from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.