Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bet there is a flaw in MK7 that will be used to make the first homebrew, just a hunch.
Maybe that was just a contact pin error, or a header read error.
Although that would be super interesting if something came of that..

I'm guessing that's your own personal copy doing that? Is it reproducible?
i donno how it would be a contact error, i was playing online with others worldwide for a good 30 minutes before i paused it and that happened.
as you can see, its mine lol, but so far from what i have tried, i have not been able to do it again :(. i had 10 things from the eShop in "Download Later" when i paused it, if that helps any. i found it pretty strange that it happened at all.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay then, can DSi cards do anything with the SD card?
Why would we crash it in DSi mode?
Perhaps he's suggesting that the 3DS writes DSi data to the SD card after encrypting it using the 3DS's key, so if we hacked a DSi game that wrote encrypted data to the SD card, we'd be able to encrypt data using the 3DS's console key. However, I don't think there are any DSi games that need to write encrypted data to the SD card and we'd also need to know the plaintext of some encrypted data used by the 3DS so we could modify it. Also, I don't think that's what he was suggesting :ha:

One question. What files have you tested that can be downloaded by 3ds browser? This is for my own reasearch. Please just limit to answer the question.
Yes, sir! I've tested... MPO files only. This thread is for hacking theories, state your theory or kindly GTFO :wink:
im not posting an already posted theory so thats what i didnt mention it. im messing around my 3ds by myself and wanted to know that and it is for hacking purposes. if i get results i always post them, as long as no one else has posted the same thing.

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this have already been posted before, but... like most of you, i don't wanna read 30 pages of dialog.
But i'm thinking a bit along the lines of Smash bros exploit for wii... i believe its called Bannerbomb or something.
But anyway, Brawl for wii had custom stages, and someone somehow made a softmod work trough that.
So...
We just need some kind of 3DS game, that have such feature... i just can't name one, because i've only just gotten mine a week ago, and just finished Zelda :yaynds: , but...
You get it. :ha:

Now let the rain of hate flood me for spamming you with useless stuff! :creep:

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
libertarion i am a noob myself that might be possible but we would have to first learn how to develop for the 3ds which is what neimod is working on currently, but if he releases his finding is another story.

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, ''Wandered'' a little around on the forum, and read some posts about it.
I just hope for a softmod xD, don't wanna waste as many money, as i did constantly with my DS, because they always broke... but... whatever, we'll wait. :)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a matter of developing for the 3DS, it's more of a matter of cracking the security.

Also, DSi cards CANNOT do anything with the SD card. This is why the CycloDS iEvo does not have SD read/write access, as that is limited to DSiWare only. Idea out the window.

Munchlqxmcl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAY! maby we could use nintendo mail, then be could hack into the ninrendo mail server and make it download some homebrew stuff. Or we could hack into the 3ds and change the server!

MunchlaxMcL

Trophies
XP
Country
I got another idea! we could use the Mii maker and make our own QR code witch installed the 3dsbrew channel!

(my old accaount was Munchlaqxmcl)

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea - we can just make a 3DS from scratch! Or we could just follow the last post's advice since this thread is nearly dead. When someone hacks the firmware or creates a mod chip, we'll see what happens. I'm thinking that Nintendo does additional checks now, even after a cart is loaded. The old trick on the DS of booting a legit game then swapping out the data in exploitable areas of the game's code won't work now? It makes sense that it works for DS mode because they emulate a DSi, it seems. For 3DS games, that won't work probably because of checking it randomly or on intervals/every load from ROM to RAM.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why facepalm he found a glitch and is curious if it can be exploitable

Care to state your legitimate reason to facepalm at him, sir? :glare:

It's not exploitable.
This is a dev 3ds with an installed application which was made by someone has the sdk, so it's uninteresting.
Read this: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA
umm...what?
the picture i posted was from a retail Mario Kart 7 cartridge, and a retail 3DS system...so, i dont know how you thought i was using a dev 3DS

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why facepalm he found a glitch and is curious if it can be exploitable

Care to state your legitimate reason to facepalm at him, sir? :glare:

It's not exploitable.
This is a dev 3ds with an installed application which was made by someone has the sdk, so it's uninteresting.
Read this: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA
umm...what?
the picture i posted was from a retail Mario Kart 7 cartridge, and a retail 3DS system...so, i dont know how you thought i was using a dev 3DS
Do you know how you did it?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea - we can just make a 3DS from scratch! Or we could just follow the last post's advice since this thread is nearly dead. When someone hacks the firmware or creates a mod chip, we'll see what happens. I'm thinking that Nintendo does additional checks now, even after a cart is loaded. The old trick on the DS of booting a legit game then swapping out the data in exploitable areas of the game's code won't work now? It makes sense that it works for DS mode because they emulate a DSi, it seems. For 3DS games, that won't work probably because of checking it randomly or on intervals/every load from ROM to RAM.

So far we haven't seen this additional checking mechanism in place yet. So far, all the evidence points to a sandboxed system and signature checks, but nothing other than that.
And yes, this thread is dead. (Well, it was never alive tbh, I just love shooting down theories that won't work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun