Gaming Post your dream DS games

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you could port or create a DS game what would it be? Include gameplay, enhancements of graphics and stuff (or lowering of graphics). And I know some ideas are pretty impossible, but these are dream DS games so don't type some stuff about how the DS's RAM can't handle it or w/e.

If I could port a game it would be Eternal Sonata. I don't know why (others think it's just an average game), but I love it so much. I have played it so many times, and it's the only game that I've gotten all 1000 GS on. On the DS it would have 2D graphics, with high-res backgrounds like TWEWY. The battle system would stay the same, and it would have an option to replay any specific parts/bosses directly from the menu (this feature makes RPGs so much better)... Also online co-op.

I would also make a brand new Marvel vs Capcom game for the DS. I think the DS's D-pad is one of the best around for fighters (even though it's a bit small). It would have all the characters from MvC2, more marvel, more capcom mainly being PHEONIX WRIGHT!!111!!1!11! Any game with Pheonix Wright is a win.

Finally I would love to see a 3D Zelda game for DS. Something like Wind Waker, because DS graphics can do cel shaded 3D. The top-down Zelda's (in my opinion) are the lesser games, and now that we have a 3D system, it should have 3D Zelda. As for the story, it should be about Ganon because I don't really care for the sub stories. I want a huge game where you think you're finished only to find out you are halfway there.

What are yours?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Banjo-Kazooie...It's never going to happen, but then again, this topic is title dream DS games, so I guess I can dream.
smile.gif

mini-frizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Either a brand new 3D Banjo Kazooie game or a port of one of the old N64 ones would be my ultimate dream.
yaynds.gif
If not a brand new Mario 3d plattformer (A nintendo exec actually hinted at one in an interview)

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rhyguy said:
have you played phantom hourglass? cel shaded and ocean faring

i think thats pretty close to windwaker (its the sequel)

I have and it was fun, but I would rather it had a 3rd person camera like Wind Waker.

QUOTE(EmeraldEx @ Jul 27 2008, 12:23 AM)
effectless.png

Wow Emerald. Did you make that? Looks incredible... send it to capcom!

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn you! Makes me hurt over the lack of Megaman in Brawl again. ;_;

Though, I want a Blast Corps DS. One screen can be a map showing where the nuclear truck thing is, with buildings color-coded to label which ones you need to destroy, and how close the truck is to them, and to show where the vehicles are, and the little dots and...

God, I need to replay that game again.

ZeroSlash™

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Easily the choice for me is Earthbound DS, or a compilation of all 3 in one.
Just have the guys from Gamefreak (that used to be APE so...) to use the exact same graphics upgrade they did from the GBA Pokemon to the Diamond & Pearl. Add in some new PSI moves and some new content and it will sell like crazy, well for Mother fans that have been dying for Mother 3 anyway.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amen to ZeroSlash. I'd also LOVE a remake of the Pokemon G/S/C versions, WITH Hoenn and the new D/P region in there (I forgot the name T___T). The graphics should be about the same as D/P, maybe with better textures.

Another dream port could be a Super Smash Bros. DS, with acceptible graphics. I wouldn't mind if it's toned down a bit from the N64 version, but I'd love to have it 3D, and with all the characters from SSBB in it + adventure mode or something like that.

At least we got Kirby Superstar and Chrono Trigger coming our way this year!
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF VII, 2D Metroid, F-Zero, Punch-Out, a 3D space shooter like Wing Commander or Descent Freespace, Turrican, Tekken, Street Fighter, many, many others.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Sword kinda was a dream game for me, so I played the hell out of it when it released. But I'd sure love to see an exclusive, all-original Resident Evil game come to DS, one that plays with the same camera set-up as RE4, with a similar base experience. If they mapped the controls basically the same as Bros. In Arms DS, I'd think we could have a fun game.

I'd also love to see a true Tenchu game for DS. Dark Secrets was a fine, little guilty indulgence, but it wasn't Tenchu, really. Considering what was done on PS1 with the first two games, there's no excuse to not have a real Tenchu on the DS.

Both of the games I wish for, though, I'd only consider "dream games" were they given every ounce of love and attention to detail possible.

jacensday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My list seems to contain a lot of PSX ports, but oh well. Here goes.

Oddworld
Xenogears
FFVII (pipe dream)
Bushido Blade (I've always thought the quick nature of the battles would make an excellent handheld port)
New 3D Mario Platformer
NA release of at least one Tales game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol