Post weird things that happened during gaming.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I got this idea after seeing something weird in my SM64DS game.
0728171923.jpg

There was just a bowling ball in place of the red coin, I haven't even collected this red coin yet. Idk what caused it, maybe the ar codes I was using? But this has never happened before. It was odd.

Anyways, post weird stuff like that here

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Sonic Adventure DX steam version and I was fighting Chaos 4. There was a point when I tried to use the homing attack on him when he pops up out of the water. I kept phasing through him several times without damaging him. It was weird.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The fact that you're using cheats can explain it.

Anyway, I've come across such a multitude of bugs and glitches but one of the most weirdest ones was the mission "Robbing uncle sam" where Ryder suddenly out of nowhere started shooting on me.
Wouldn't get into the truck, wouldn't shoot the soldiers shooting at him, just shoot me.
Nothing that I tried triggered Ryder to get into the truck.

His AI just got bugged out and probably replaced with the AI of the soldiers.

I hate that game sometimes.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was playing Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, and the Boost Ball boss (a little nasty piece of shit when you aren't too good at it btw) was doing its thing (boosting and bouncing on walls, when it clipped and went out of bounds, while I had almost depleted its lifebar fully, and haven't saved for a while when I began the fight :<

So basically, I was softlocked on the bouncing loop (that was out of bounds, therefore, impossible to hit), and mini enemies spawns, that did nothing to the boss itself, but give some life and missiles.

I was rather pissed about it, hahaa

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, and the Boost Ball boss (a little nasty piece of shit when you aren't too good at it btw) was doing its thing (boosting and bouncing on walls, when it clipped and went out of bounds, while I had almost depleted its lifebar fully, and haven't saved for a while when I began the fight :<

So basically, I was softlocked on the bouncing loop (that was out of bounds, therefore, impossible to hit), and mini enemies spawns, that did nothing to the boss itself, but give some life and missiles.

I was rather pissed about it, hahaa
getting stuck/softlocks/freezes are so annoying during boss fights/games that arent saved

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The weirdest thing I can think of right now is how I accidentally found out how to steal from the shop in Link's awakening (gameboy). I had no idea that would work, and when I re-entered in an attempt to bring back the item...well...this.

As for bugs: hidden and dangerous on PC. Man, that game was a mess. You had to save every couple of minutes. Not only because if you weren't careful enemies would shoot and instantly kill you but mostly because you could fall through the floor and world pretty much any time. At one level it even got so bad I decided to make a detour to my objective, for the simple reason that the shortest route meant falling through the world every freaking time.
It also had a bunch of lesser bugs, but these didn't get in the way as much. The one I still recall after all these years was that if you ordered someone to lie down, then saved and then loaded that savegame, you guy was floating around in the air. This was funny, but the only way to solve this was to let him stand up. And because of the instant-kill I at least once had to use my other guys to do the work because I had put someone in a position where standing up wasn't an option.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If we're talking about the weirdest bug I can remember, it was probably during my playthrough of Mass Effect 1.
For some reason Ashley got duplicated (I had a squad with Shepard and 2 Ashleys), then after one loading screen the original one got deleted (along with her gear) and I was left with only one.
I've never really understood how that happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...