Post Unpopular Gaming Opinions

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Majora's Mask is the better N64 Zelda game by far, and the 3DS remake is actually great (and better with Project Restoration).
Fully agree with you; I recently (i.e. earlier this year) played through MM3D Restoration on Citra, and it was absolutely wonderful. Still, the inherent changes to the Gyorg and Twinmold fights compared to the N64/Wii VC versions (that is, the second part of fishy's fight being underwater, and second-giant-bug only really taking damage from that slam move) do mean the Fierce Deity Mask is less useful, but not much can be done about that...also hate two Moon puzzles, the Goron and the Zora ones.

If there was ever something that desperately needed a complete overhaul, it's those two bloody rooms. Worst part of the game, by far, and at the very end too; ugh. I mean, they even changed the Zora puzzle for the 3DS remake, but still made it hellish; what a bunch of arseholes. They couldn't have thought, "hey these two rooms are going to drive players up the f*cking wall; let's change them so it's easier and much less frustrating to do" or something?

Oh, and I would've much rather have seen a remake of MM3D - with some of the Restoration's edits, probably - come to the Switch instead of bloody-worthless Skyward Sword.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Hello kitty games are amazing cus Hello Kitty.
Also, I really love Sheep for GBA.
Then I hope I'll find Sheep Patrol on your switch when I - as part of the gba/switch police - visit your house to check your sysnand...

i liked gen 7 and partially liked gen 8. that'll prolly change once i start playing through gen 5 sequel.
I love how you refrained from typing 'Pokémon' asif there were Nintendo Ninjas on this board, watching.

My unpopular opinion:
Another 'Advance Wars' isn't needed.
Wargroove does the job just fine.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i liked gen 7 and partially liked gen 8. that'll prolly change once i start playing through gen 5 sequel.
that and i don't exactly get the hype for gen 5. again, haven't played it, but it seems to get praised too much.

Last edited by 1B51004,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then I hope I'll find Sheep Patrol on your switch when I - as part of the gba/switch police - visit your house to check your sysnand...

I don't have a switch anymore haha.
Still have Sheep for GBA in a plastic sleeve to protect it.

D

Deleted User

Majora's Mask is the better N64 Zelda game by far, and the 3DS remake is actually great (and better with Project Restoration).
Disagree in the part of the 3DS remake being great, there is some ambience things that they changed that make the game less "dark". And there is the nerfed Zora swim, the bosses being copy-paste of every boss with a obviously obvious weak point, the (new) broken Deku integration with the environment, etc. But yeah, with Project Restoration fixing some of does mistakes it becomes better I guess. Still, I'm more of a fan of the N64 version

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom 3 has better lore than Doom Eternal, overall
God of War peaked with the 3rd installment.
Halo as a franchise should have been put to rest after Halo Reach.
the PS-Vita deserved to have a 3rd model.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman peaked with EXE/Battle Network
Megaman Legends 3 should have been completed and released
Thrill Kill should have been released as originally planned.
I hope an AR headset for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S happens by the end of next year.
Star Wars Battlefront 2015 has its moments over 2017 Battlefront.

emilin_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Story is more important than gameplay most of the time.
a few gameplay missteps can be tolerable if the story is good, but if the story is bad, there is just no real motivation to go through the game.

Reactions: DudderButter

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Story is more important than gameplay most of the time.
a few gameplay missteps can be tolerable if the story is good, but if the story is bad, there is just no real motivation to go through the game.
Well, then you ain't gonna like most, if not all of the libraries of the Atari 2600, Arcadia 2001, Fairchild Channel F, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Colecovision, Mattel Intellivision nor the Bally professional Arcade.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love how you refrained from typing 'Pokémon' asif there were Nintendo Ninjas on this board, watching.

My unpopular opinion:
Another 'Advance Wars' isn't needed.
Wargroove does the job just fine.
i didn't even realize that
sounds like i was talking about real life generations lol

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts 1 is the best PS2 game ever game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Paper Mario Sticker Star was actually pretty fun. Super Paper Mario was great as well. (Popular opinion: the Thousand Year Door is the best in the series!)
People who say Sticker Star is good needs to be thrown off a building.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards