Post that "VideoGame Song" that brings you back to the good old times!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all got that song that bring us some memories, it might not be our favorite song in the video games industry neither on our top 10, but however, when you listen to that sound it bring you back that the good times.

The times sitting at the living room, playing "that" video game, or to the back of your family car, playing that "Pokemon" or whatever game.

Mostly ALL of us, have a top 10/20/50/100/9999999 of video games songs, however there are SEVERAL songs that bring back memories from games that we played, that not necessary are on the top list, they might, they are, they are not, however, the bring those memories.

As example:

That is a song that brings back alot of memories for me, and its not on my top, however, i enjoy it, alot.

Have fun, and post the song that brings you back!

Ill try to listen to every song you post, ;D

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Reactions: ii-c-going

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice post!

This is the soundtrack for all my fond gaming-memories. It's a rather obscure game... The predecessor of this game (antarctic adventure) is also available on nes, but this one is a 'MSX-exclusive', including allot of RPG like elements... My love for this song, and the memories witch is triggers, are so strong that i even made a drum-cover for this one. Since i won't shamelessly promote that vid here, i included the original.

Btw, can you imagine that they only used 3 (three!) channels for this track?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, can you imagine that they only used 3 (three!) channels for this track?
Thats amazing! and yeah, you can only hear clearly the 3 channels playing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This song turned me into a hardcore gamer!

Ahh, the Final Fight series, i personal prefer the Mighty Final Fight with his OST. if you havent heard it, check Slum and Riverside:
Slum:

Riverside:

Reactions: TheCasketMan

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HOW DARE YOU ALL FORGET THE GODFATHER OF THEMES!:O
It might as well be the VIdeo gamers National Anthem! :P

In general? Yeah... this SHOULD be the all-time-videogame anthem... Personal? Nope... I didn't start out with a NES, so a no-go for a personal anthem for me!

Same goes for paperboy... the nes version (also the most common version) goes like this:

But i will always remember it by it's C64 game music:

It's all a question of how nostalgic you are about a certain game/system... and that reaches far beyond just playing a game. Hearing music from a certain era of your life brings back memories about how your life was at that point, not just a game! ;)

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone get some rock and roll up here! :D

Whooahhh! Nice one!

Since i'm already on my way in doubling my post-count, i might as wel post my second-in-place B-):

(btw. this is a cover of the castlevania :whip: song 'wicked child' arranged by a mate of mine, it's not the original MSX sound chip.... Only played the drums on this cover )

Last edited by ii-c-going,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whooahhh! Nice one!

Since i'm already on my way in doubling my post-count, i might as wel post my second-in-place B-):

(btw. this is a cover by a mate of mine, it's not the original MSX sound chip.... Only played the drums on this cover :whip:)

Nes was more interesting sounding. That FAMICOM DISK Sound system. :P

Also the castlevania 3 game had more interesting sounds.

BEHOLD THE GAWD THAT IS SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV...... and 5

DON'T MAKE ME GO TO SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT! :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sonic 1 (8bit) - Bridge Zone, probably the penultimate nostalgic video game music for me

To be honest i like the bridge zone. :)
But the Jungle is okay too, Though only Genesis gree hill zone does the right justice.

If we must go to the sega systems now. The Sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone, Carnival night, and Marble Garden is fun.

But Chemical plant. :D

But i need to share something rather under appreciated if you don't mind. This dosen't get lot of attention. :)

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nes was more interesting sounding. That FAMICOM DISK Sound system. :P

Must agree there...NES had a much better sounding chip, either that or the programmers put it to much better use.
Also, the tune i posted came back in many different versions of the game, also in (and after) the 16-bit era. :yaysp:

DON'T MAKE ME GO TO SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT!

I won't... as you might have figured, i'm a lot more 'oldskool' than al that modern 32-bit psone stuff all you young gamers play with... (kiddin' :P)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to disagree with this one, the nes has alof, and pretty much 90% of my favorite ost of all time, however, the soundchips on earlie video game consoles are also beautifull, take for example, the C64.
Each company had enhancement chips used in the games for improved audio, like Konami VRC7 Chips (Ecxlusive to Famicom systems of japan) And the Sunsoft games always sounded of high Quality. :D

Must agree there...NES had a much better sounding chip, either that or the programmers put it to much better use.
Just like you said, it all about how well they compose music for the hardware. Even though people often compared SNES and Megadrive game audio (MOSTLY PORTS) The genesis was capiable of great sounding music if they tried. Some people just didn't know how to do it and blamed the Sound chip. Work with what you got. :P

BATMAN RETURN OF THE JOKER

BLASTER MASTER

Although on SNES Sunsoft music didn't sound as memorable.

Reactions: ii-c-going

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to disagree with this one, the nes has alof, and pretty much 90% of my favorite ost of all time, however, the soundchips on earlie video game consoles are also beautifull, take for example, the C64.

I think its all a mater of how much a sound programmer can get out of a chip.
For anyone interested in old gaming music: Although the MSX home computer only had 3 channels (much like other 8-bit home systems at that time), konami equipped some of their games with a special chip (called 'SCC'), witch improved the sound quality of their games significantly. Just hear this, and remember, we are talking about a 8-bit home computer first released in 1983!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Timings