TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The older R4s usually DID come with CD's but they stopped doing that after a while because they would be outdated. If the reseller still hasn't sold any old R4s with the CD(Which I would think is impossible as there are always people who want them so they should be sold out) then that should be the only reason there is a CD in your R4. MY R4 didn't come with a CD which I ordered from Realhotstuff.com somewhere at the end of October 2007.

BiscuitCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Curly please change your first post cause the coming firmware could brick your ds it isn'tgoing to brick it for sure.

My R4 came with disc and looks genuine but I can't see if the R4 is a litle holographic (shiny
tongue.gif
) on the pictures and mine is. So...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can u help me out. Im pretty sure its real but its safe to check. It has a spring for the sd card and it came with all the extra stuff.
0725081408.jpg

0725081408a.jpg

0725081408b.jpg

D

Deleted User

dinofan01, your R4 looks exactly like mine and I'm 100% sure that mine's legit. It's the older version of the R4, though. IMO it has a better build quality than the newer ones.

nutech

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats the difference i.e. whats the better buy / chip to get:

Acecard 2

R4

DTTS or something like that!

Also, my son is saying he wants me to buy him this thing called Action Replay! But then a couple of these guys who sell the R4 and Acecards, are saying that there are cheats uilt into the Acecard or R4!?

What you think??

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mine looks exactly like the real one, the same on the back, and no "chip" under the sticker, but the gradient is VERY hard to see. It's there all right, but it's kind of black. But everything else on the sticker is the same.

nutech said:
Whats the difference i.e. whats the better buy / chip to get:

Acecard 2

R4

DTTS or something like that!

Also, my son is saying he wants me to buy him this thing called Action Replay! But then a couple of these guys who sell the R4 and Acecards, are saying that there are cheats uilt into the Acecard or R4!?

What you think??

there are so many topics in this site that tells you, and this is not the appropriate topic to ask.

Aggg45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have a fake one but the firmware still works
smile.gif
It actually does run everything, but I peeled the sticker and noticed two chips on top (you can easily feel them through the sticker usually at the top part of the sticker) To be quite honest the package looked quite convincing (no cd though) as you can see this is what I got:

DSC00067.jpg

and the R4DS label is pretty authenticate:

DSC00069.jpg

I probably won't change the firmware
smile.gif
I only heard about this a week ago (I got my fake R4 cart a month ago) about R4 bricking DS's

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aggg45 said:
smile.gif
It actually does run everything, but I peeled the sticker and noticed two chips on top (you can easily feel them through the sticker usually at the top part of the sticker) To be quite honest the package looked quite convincing (no cd though) as you can see this is what I got:

smile.gif
I only heard about this a week ago (I got my fake R4 cart a month ago) about R4 bricking DS's

your safe ITS A REAL R4 V2 with FAKES you dont tend get the nice card carry case with strap and metallic card reader and fakes dont have the grip or cut out notches on the sids of the card either ...there a guide in my signature that shows real cards and more information
smile.gif

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
Aggg45 said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

your safe ITS A REAL R4 V2 with FAKES you dont tend get the nice card carry case with strap and metallic card reader and fakes dont have the grip or cut out notches on the sids of the card either ...there a guide in my signature that shows real cards and more information
smile.gif

No... Kobykaan, that has nothing to do with telling a real from a fake.
Fakes come with the case,strap,card reader, etc everything you said too.

Aggg45: Sorry, it's fake.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neoice said:

the box image is correct the sticker image is correct too fakes say advance on them and not REVOLUTION FOR DS the sticker should also be two town from top to bottom of the card in a gradient
smile.gif

SEE THE GUIDE in my SIGNATURE for more information
smile.gif

fakes that ive seen come with plastic card readers with the exception of the very first R4 real cards which were changed to the aluminium ones as pictured
smile.gif

Aggg45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you know all this is really confusing :s couldn't R4DS make a utility to check if you have the real deal or something?

superdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4 teams dead, gone, no more it's nintendo's thats TRYING to take down flashcarts , i hope the R4,M3 teams comeback with new flashcarts after the lawsuit

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
neoice said:

the box image is correct the sticker image is correct too fakes say advance on them and not REVOLUTION FOR DS the sticker should also be two town from top to bottom of the card in a gradient
smile.gif

SEE THE GUIDE in my SIGNATURE for more information
smile.gif

fakes that ive seen come with plastic card readers with the exception of the very first R4 real cards which were changed to the aluminium ones as pictured
smile.gif

That's not true either, there are some well made fakes that look almost identical. The only for sure way to tell is to open the chip or look at the engraved microSD symbol.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...p;#entry1250206

MysteriousCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mine has a small rectangular hole near the top left corner of the sticker, you can feel it if you run a fingernail across it, is it meant to be like that??

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ddchan said:
mine has a small rectangular hole near the top left corner of the sticker, you can feel it if you run a fingernail across it, is it meant to be like that??

No, it is not meant to be like that. The plastic case of the R4 has no strange bumps like that.
By the way, there are now fake R4s with the production number of 0817#, so looking at just the production number of no longer reliable. You can only look at the circuit or the plastic line on the inside of the case now.

PandaKiss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm helping my sister check her R4 card.
It looks almost exact like the one on the first post.
But the sticker is just black, no gradient with the correct words though.
I can't check inside 'cause I can't find a small screwdriver to open the case.
Please help me confirm, thanks. (:

Jasonage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PandaKiss said:
I'm helping my sister check her R4 card.
It looks almost exact like the one on the first post.
But the sticker is just black, no gradient with the correct words though.
I can't check inside 'cause I can't find a small screwdriver to open the case.
Please help me confirm, thanks. (:

ALL R4 cards have the gradient on them, yours is most likely a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)