Post Kidney Stone

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I had the surgery and the stint was taken out a couple days ago... My back is still a little sore, but that's normal... Last time I had a kidney stone (9 months ago), I was still hurting for about 2 weeks after the stone came out, the first week after the stone came out my back would spasm and then by a week and a half my back wasn't hurting as bad, and by the second week the pain was gone completely.

Just thought I'd update everyone on my progress. I stopped taking the oxycodone about 3 days ago and even though my back has been hurting a little bit, it's not bad enough to take the oxycodone anymore and I just deal with the pain. Ibuprofen and tylenol works alright to keep the pain down to a minimum, however it doesn't diminish the pain completely, but I'd rather feel a little pain and be in reality than be high on the oxycodone and sleeping all day long.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for all the good wishes, I am feeling so much better now and even though there is some pain still it's tolerable compared to the pain from the kidney stone.

I appreciate all the support. Thanks again!
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you misunderstood my post? I'm referring to that image in the back of my head of kidney stones whenever I see your posts.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
you misunderstood my post? I'm referring to that image in the back of my head of kidney stones whenever I see your posts.

Oh, I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

I hope I never have one again, but that's like telling someone to never breathe again on their own... They just can't do it. I know I will have more in the future, it's a feeling I have.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:

Oh, I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

I hope I never have one again, but that's like telling someone to never breathe again on their own... They just can't do it. I know I will have more in the future, it's a feeling I have.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, yes... I drink lots of water. Thankfully. I started drinking lots of water after my first kidney stone. My Urologist told me when I got my stint out to stay away from green leafy vegetables and other high oxalate foods, and he gave me a list and there are a lot of fruits and vegetables that I can't eat now...
frown.gif
I eat a very fruit and vegetable enriched diet, and also lots of grains which are high in oxalate too, so I think that may be what is causing these stones. And we all thought an apple a day would keep the doctor away.

BULLSHIT!!!

It's caused more than just visiting the doctor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here