Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

TechX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to port some freeware games from the early 2000's (Windows XP era) like Sonic Robo Blast 2 or maybe Game Maker or even much better... Zelda Classic
there is a port of srb2 for the 3ds. It only works on the N3ds and it's an older version, but it runs perfectly
if you want to do it, https://github.com/derrekr/srb2_3ds that's a link where you can download it. you'll need files from 2.1.22 so use that game version.

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By far my most wanted feature is the ability for every emulated game to be able to have its own 3DS home menu icon like a legitimate game would. If anyone implemented that into 3DS CFW, I'd be extremely grateful.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By far my most wanted feature is the ability for every emulated game to be able to have its own 3DS home menu icon like a legitimate game would. If anyone implemented that into 3DS CFW, I'd be extremely grateful.
You do realize the 3ds home menu has a set limit of 300 items. be it games. folders. arcade badges. theres 3dsbank to switch. but you need to do so each time if one game ya play is in one to another in a second. And no. theres not a way other than 3dsbank to bypass the 300 item limit.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize the 3ds home menu has a set limit of 300 items. be it games. folders. arcade badges. theres 3dsbank to switch. but you need to do so each time if one game ya play is in one to another in a second. And no. theres not a way other than 3dsbank to bypass the 300 item limit.

I do realize that. I'm not interested in having 1000s of games on my 3DS, because I find having too many games to be very overwhelming. I'd rather have a lineup of 300 killer apps, than 1000+ games, including ones that are either mediocre, or not interesting to me. I also find I appreciate the individual games I have more when I have less to choose from.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do realize that. I'm not interested in having 1000s of games on my 3DS, because I find having too many games to be very overwhelming. I'd rather have a lineup of 300 killer apps, than 1000+ games, including ones that are either mediocre, or not interesting to me. I also find I appreciate the individual games I have more when I have less to choose from.
check out the new super ultimate injector. NSUI. it will have options to create home menu forwarders for most common emulators

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check out the new super ultimate injector. NSUI. it will have options to create home menu forwarders for most common emulators
Whoa, that's incredible! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Do you know if Virtual Console Injection for Virtual Boy, Neo Geo or Sega CD is possible, or in the works? If not, it's no big deal. I'd be willing to give those systems up for a sleek UI.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Somebody came up with a (slightly contrived) way to inject sonicCD into one of those gigadrive M2 sega classic emulators, if i recall correctly. I also believe that could be applied to other games. you should look that up, definetly.
Can't you use NSUI with picodrive + a segaCD rom tho? picodrive does run segaCD as far as i know

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
really? imma need some information on that.
I know PPSSPP does, but on an actual PSP? i stopped checking the "scene forums" a long time ago so i might've missed it
Yes they exist in plugin version but i forgot the name of the homebrew,because i stop play psp games since 2019(my psp 2000 needs fix screen replacement and some parts of the motherboard). Since then im not following any news about the psp scene. I have my two 3ds systems and doesnt have a equal homebrew for save states like the psp systems.

SummonerArthur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean... there's an open source version of driver 2 (redriver2)...
And the 3ds obviously lacks some good car games, and theres already a port of gta 3...

Maybe someone should, you know, port that for the 3ds?

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, that's incredible! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Do you know if Virtual Console Injection for Virtual Boy, Neo Geo or Sega CD is possible, or in the works? If not, it's no big deal. I'd be willing to give those systems up for a sleek UI.
In addition to NSUI, there's another set of forwarder creators that can make installable Neo-Geo, CPS1/2, and also Playstation CIAs:

Neo-Geo Forwarder Creator

CPS Forwarder Creator

PS1 Forwarder Creator

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this applies , but Would it be at all possible to incorporate DesMuMe into Citra, or incorporate Citra's bottom screen mapping into DesMuMe? If we could do this, We could set a touch point to an inner ring binding through steam, giving touch aim and swiping with the right stick for DS games

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to NSUI, there's another set of forwarder creators that can make installable Neo-Geo, CPS1/2, and also Playstation CIAs:

Neo-Geo Forwarder Creator

CPS Forwarder Creator

PS1 Forwarder Creator

Oh my gosh! I think I might skip on the Neo Geo and CPS games, due to having a 300 game limit, but that PS1 forwarder is sooo exciting. I have no idea how I'll fit them in my game roster, because I'm already struggling to narrow it down to 300 as it is, but I'll find a way! Thank you so much for showing me this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free