Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D doesn't use the extra hardware power. By disabling L2 and downclocking the system in Rosalina, it will still run smooth. But emulation takes additional hardware power. The 3DS is more powerful than the N64, but don't expect emulation in a few years and only on a New 3DS.

Has somebody run a hacked version of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in an old 3ds/2ds?
I'm just curious how slow would run.

IncognitoMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to see a homebrew media player which can play music, photos and videos - all from an FTP server! If anyone makes this a truth, I would then like to see a nice GUI and both .3dsx and .cia support.

Reactions: Tarmfot
D

Deleted User

I would like to see a homebrew media player which can play music, photos and videos - all from an FTP server! If anyone makes this a truth, I would then like to see a nice GUI and both .3dsx and .cia support.
Too slow. The 3DS' wifi chip is a joke.

deadmanbomber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible. The 3DS is not powerful enough to handle it. The best you can hope for is a media player for the 3DS that runs videos, music, and such, from the SD card. Some exist out there, but are outdated. Sunshell is what you are looking for in the case of displaying media from the SD card, but it's outdated. There is some YouTube video's out there that have working versions of Sunshell for the current hardware version. I will look around and find the link of the most current version.

Leqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Has anyone look into Minecraft New Nintendo 3DS save files ? As far as I know, the 3DS version is based on an older version of Bedrock which I hope mean there's not much different in save files structures between those two versions. What I want is a converter that convert 3DS worlds into Bedrock or Java.

deadmanbomber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone look into Minecraft New Nintendo 3DS save files ? As far as I know, the 3DS version is based on an older version of Bedrock which I hope mean there's not much different in save files structures between those two versions. What I want is a converter that convert 3DS worlds into Bedrock or Java.
There has been a few things that had been dug out. People have modded it before to add skins. Don't know about anything else though. You will need a converter for the game to do so though.

joffe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I got one, how about a homebrew app to run (and make!) twine games? Just drag and drop the html and image/music/etc files to the sd card like you would roms for an emulator. Having a ton of interesting interactive fiction and stories would be good, but then you could also use the stylus and bottom screen to make your own and preview them in the top screen!

IncognitoMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What i would like to see for the 3ds: a Github client. Or Dropbox. Or Mediafire. Or an all in one client that can support as many online file sharing services as it can. Seeing as you won't be able to download files from the internet browser, and memorizing direct download links to try them in Multidownload, to see that some may fail due to unsupported protocols, having a client that can download files for you from whatever service you want them from.

Leqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So about the Minecraft 3DS save files, I backup my save files using Checkpoint and compared it to Bedrock Edition save files. At first glance, it's pretty much the same except the 3DS version doesn't have behavior_packs and resource_packs folders. But looking into db folders, it's completely different.

db folder
dMt0UJb.png

db folder
F8odZ3R.png

cdb folder
As1joSm.png

vdb folder
2zmpM9M.png
I just copied my 3DS world into the save folder of Bedrock hoping that it might work. Booting the game up, the game did recognize the 3DS world and it did loaded BUT the world is pretty much remade from scratch with the original seed. Everything that I build is non existent.

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks to Pokémon Sword and Shield not allowing some pokes in, we're reaching the end of an era. However, it's interesting to note we actually have a console that can play every game from Gen 1 RBY to Gen 7 USUM, thanks to Virtual Console and DS retrocompatibility. From that, what I'd request for is :

- A way to transfer pokes from VC Gen 1/2/3 to at least Gen 4 (as PKSM works wonders from Gen 4 to Gen 7) and at best to their respective gen or over, be it simply as a menu allowing to select pokes and convert them into viable .pkm files for Gen 4, or even with a box system if it's doable
- Romhacks in the vein of Crystal Clear for every game from RBY to USUM, allowing complete freedom and wild pokes' levels to be based on badges obtained while allowing any poke on them, and eventually with general fixes (Critical glitches being corrected, lag being cured for recent games, faster speeds for lower games) and better options (like what Crystal Clear proposes).

The idea is to allow people to rediscover the old gens in a better limelight, while having an easy and portable way to transfer the pokes out from one game to another.

Thanks in Game Boy Advance.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night