Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: This CAN be achieved with arm9loaderhay. Just don't set a default payload, and put your Luma3DS (or whatever) payload in a password protected folder, set to load with a button combo (check out the arm9loaderhay page for instructions). Simple =)

I'm looking for something that seems rather simple to do, yet I have no clue how as I don't know how to code. I'm looking for a very simple password protected a9lh. Now yes, I know that anyone could simply replace the files on the sd card to remove the password, but to be fair they would have to know what they're doing. This would be more to stop siblings from using your 3ds or to prevent someone who stole your 3ds from enjoying all your hacks / games / personal info / whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be fairly simple to do. Have the 3ds boot into a password prompt screen where you press your button combo, or maybe even implement a keyboard if possible. If at any point during the button combo you press a wrong key, or even a correct key in the wrong order, it resets back to checking for button #1 in the combo. If the combo is successfully entered, it simply chain-loads into the actual arm9loaderhax.bin. You could even designate a folder for it, so you don't have to rename the file or anything.

arm9loaderhay sort of does this, but it only seems to password protect payloads, not the actual arm9loaderhax.bin. I have seen other people asking for something like this so I know for sure lots of people would get use out of it. If anyone is able and willing to do this you would be my hero. Hell, I'll even buy you a beer if you want ;) (ya, seriously) I also have a "spare" a9lh new 3ds xl if you need testing.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is also Return of the Hylian, Oni-Link Begins, Time to Triumph and Navi's Quest, all made in C++ with SDL by the same person. Those have all been ported to the PSP already as well, so I wonder if 3DS ports would be possible.
The English translations are... not very good, but that should be easily fixable.

I have a Zelda ROTH port in progress, now that I finished Syobon port I'll work to the release of Zelda ROTH.

The SDL fake layer is almost complete, I only miss handling transparecies and have to tune centering the screen, but they are easy fixes. I hope to release a beta in the next weeks.

zelda1.png
zelda2.png

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a homebrew about pie. You tap on the pie slices to eat them. Once the pie is eaten all the way, the app crashes and (maybe?) reboots your system.
...is something like this possible? o3o
slice-pumpkin-pie-6885950.jpg

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see a 3ds port of the OHRRPGCE. The problem is that it's written in freeBasic, and I'm not entirely sure how to work the 3ds homebrew toolchain (let alone introduce freebasic into it). If someone has the know-how for how to at least add freebasic to the toolchain, could you pm me through it?

Last edited by pokota,

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it would be awesome to have some kind of "Pokémon Maker" (I know there is Easy RPG) than can work with pk6 files so we can export/import Pokémon between these and Official games.
Also a port of Eiyuu Senki.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for something that seems rather simple to do, yet I have no clue how as I don't know how to code. I'm looking for a very simple password protected a9lh. Now yes, I know that anyone could simply replace the files on the sd card to remove the password, but to be fair they would have to know what they're doing. This would be more to stop siblings from using your 3ds or to prevent someone who stole your 3ds from enjoying all your hacks / games / personal info / whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be fairly simple to do. Have the 3ds boot into a password prompt screen where you press your button combo, or maybe even implement a keyboard if possible. If at any point during the button combo you press a wrong key, or even a correct key in the wrong order, it resets back to checking for button #1 in the combo. If the combo is successfully entered, it simply chain-loads into the actual arm9loaderhax.bin. You could even designate a folder for it, so you don't have to rename the file or anything.

arm9loaderhay sort of does this, but it only seems to password protect payloads, not the actual arm9loaderhax.bin. I have seen other people asking for something like this so I know for sure lots of people would get use out of it. If anyone is able and willing to do this you would be my hero. Hell, I'll even buy you a beer if you want ;) (ya, seriously) I also have a "spare" a9lh new 3ds xl if you need testing.
I'm stupid, lol. Found out later that you can just simply not use a default payload with arm9loaderhay, and password protect whatever payload you use to boot.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
here a idea/ request
Something that Store/send more mii for street pass (since it give us just 10 at time ) OR that reset the time needed to get the same person again... yeah just cme my mindXD

Reactions: Feeling it!

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexen ported to 3ds, or an Atari 2600 emulator. I have a DS version of both of these, but they don't run very well. The Atari 2600 emulator lags and the Hexen port is missing basic features like saving and loading.

SEGA GENESIS EMULATOR THAT WORKS (most like a cia build)
Try retroarch for 3ds. The picodrive core (sega master system and genesis) run perfect on both old and new model 3ds systems. There is also a .CIA version of every core. Here is a link to the current builds (1.3.4) Enjoy =)

http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.4/nintendo/3ds/RetroArch_cia.7z

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is with a simple homebrew app (for a9lh-user) that works like a home menu replacement? That would be a workaround for the 300 title limit and it would be great to have options like hiding selected apps. And I think it would be faster than the home menu, too.

Reactions: Feeling it!

damin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I'm seeing in the OP, this hasn't been requested yet; apologies if it has!
I'd absolutely adore some sort of homebrew that would let you send inputs to the 3DS over wi-fi. Maybe as a companion application to NTRViewer? For playing a game with something like a Steam Controller, or any other sort of gamepad.
It'd make Monster Hunter incredibly cozy, I'd think. I'm not too familiar with what's possible in the scene right now, or even if modding NTR is viable at all, so I'd love to hear from a developer or such if this is even something feasible.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexen ported to 3ds, or an Atari 2600 emulator. I have a DS version of both of these, but they don't run very well. The Atari 2600 emulator lags and the Hexen port is missing basic features like saving and loading.

Try retroarch for 3ds. The picodrive core (sega master system and genesis) run perfect on both old and new model 3ds systems. There is also a .CIA version of every core. Here is a link to the current builds (1.3.4) Enjoy =)

http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.4/nintendo/3ds/RetroArch_cia.7z

Thnx turns out I that the cores I used had bugs and I was using genesis gx so it was twice as slow.
Picodrive works great.

MaxialstarOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey!

So, here's my request / wish that I hope someday it becomes true:

Recently I've been drawn to create visual novels with the open source Renpy software. This program is really amazing and you can get it for free and it is regurarely updated with more and more features that make it better.

I've heard about softwares that allow to port games that work in certain engines to the 3Ds, how likely is possible to port games from this software?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on