Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I don't understand why people are so insistant on running Linux on everything including their pinguin-shaped vibrators. The system has poor hardware, it won't run Linux terribly well and it'll only waste resources - why do that for the sake of Linux apps which will still have to be ported or adjusted anyways when you might as well make equivalent apps just for the 3DS? It will save you time porting, sure, but in the long run it only wastes precious resources.

Well we already got Linux on the DS. It's kinda like Doom, people port it to everything just because.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I WANT A ULTRA ULTIMATE FINAL GREATEST ROM LAUNCHER TO PLAY 4 FREE XD
Wut!? ! The sweety or tricky day is still not yet? Oh I'm screwed XD

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emus, region-free loading and play coins hack (because I'm the only 1 in a 40km radius to own a 3ds and this is the only way to complete the puzzles and quests)

just skip using play coins and use streetpass relay instead. you will complete puzzles and quests a lot faster (and easier in the case of Find Mii as once you streetpass the others multiple times, they will level up vs being stuck at level 1 or 2 like when using play coins)

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just skip using play coins and use streetpass relay instead. you will complete puzzles and quests a lot faster (and easier in the case of Find Mii as once you streetpass the others multiple times, they will level up vs being stuck at level 1 or 2 like when using play coins)

Yeah, but you'll get the dreaded update nag.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apps
3DS homebrew repo installer client with a user editable server list
LUA, other script interpreters with built-in editors
VNC/RDP client
Save manager with online save repo support
Cloud storage client
Simple email viewer with attachment support
IRC with multi-server, multi-channel, scripting support
XBMC remote
YouTube with XBMC, Chromecast, etc. flinger and video downloader/converter (nice for 3D videos especially)
Pidgin-esque chat client

Games
Cat Mario, other trolling games
Kitty Cannon/Baby Maker
Happy Wheels type mini-games (sword/ball throw with online/local user created content)
Minecraft

That's about all I can think of that I would want personally.

Reactions: Margen67

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can already back up your legit games if on 4.5 without use of the gateway card...needs the gateway software though. That being said you can't actually DO anything with them.

Yeah, but he was referring to SSSpwn related homebrew. Not to mention I don't believe there's anyone that gets a 4.5 3ds and a GW to do backups and play only backups :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, but he was referring to SSSpwn related homebrew. Not to mention I don't believe there's anyone that gets a 4.5 3ds and a GW to do backups and play only backups :P
well you dont need to own the gateway card to "backup" the game, its just a pointless exercise....but yeah i think we all know what people wanting to "backup" their legit games mean....

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol