Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Waygeek

Waygeek GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2013
    Seoul, Korea
    That's not the case with any of the official clips I've seen (Shaun the Sheep etc), you know what you're talking about?

2. fallenangemon0

fallenangemon0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    United States
    Would be Awesome to see a port of Zork (text based adventure game). I only played it via the easter egg version of it in Black Ops but damn was it great fun.

3. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Team Fortress 2

4. Waygeek

Waygeek GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2013
    Seoul, Korea
    Or Team Fortress 1, with those low poly TF2 characters modded in...

5. KidNezha

KidNezha Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Italy
    Hello.

Is it possible to port OpenSource Diablo1 on the 3ds? [github: diasurgical/devilutionX]

It got recently ported to the switch too (optimized for the joysticks) [github: lantus/devilution-nx]

Last edited by KidNezha, Jul 2, 2019
  6. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    Problem: Most vintage systems like NES, SNES, C64 etc have great two-player games. While the emulation of these systems has been perfected in most cases, two-player support is lacking. There is no way to connect another controller to a 3DS directly, and the screen is too small anyway and it wouldn't be comfortable. A workaround is to stream the video output from the host 3DS to a PC, and connect a controller to the 3DS via the PC and then make it work on the emulation via Luma3DS input redirection feature. This is not ideal though.
    I would like to see a software that can stream the video from the host 3DS directly to the client 3DS, through the wifi network, without a PC bridge. Then, the client 3DS would display the screen action of the host 3DS, and the host 3DS would take the control inputs of the client 3DS to be used in the emulation.

7. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Or...y'know...download play.

8. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    similar idea, but in download play, the client actually downloads the game from the cartridge of the host. I doubt that this is feasible or can ever be used with emulators or any games that aren't designed for it, and not on a cartridge. Maybe I just don't know.

9. Francois

Francois Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2019
    Canada
    Hi everyone , a BBC Micro emulator would be cool, like beebem for wii can perhaps be ported to 3dsx or cia ;) that would be awesome, i do like BBC more than ZX spectrum, so i wonder why it's not ported already , and the source files is easy to obtain on google ! I just don't know how to do that at all. Love to ear what you think about that old school pc :)

10. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
  11. acid1103

acid1103 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Hey, all. Quick question, are there currently any efforts being put towards reverse engineering any 3ds networking protocols/traffic?

12. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    What for? I have seen some on here which goes over somewhat of this.

13. acid1103

acid1103 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    The reason I'm asking is that I have been working on a setup the past few days to reliably capture all 3ds traffic, including decrypting tls traffic, and I have a pretty reliable setup figured out. So I was thinking about creating a write-up about it to hopefully make it a bit more accessible than it is at the moment.
    If instead you mean why reverse engineer the networking, I suppose primarily to get a headstart on when Nintendo inevitably shutdown the servers. Or, perhaps, to create homebrew servers for those with banned accounts or emulators to use.
    I've seen a small amount when I was researching, but nothing substantial. But it's likely that I missed something. Are there any relevant posts that you know of?

Last edited by acid1103, Aug 1, 2019
    I pwned U! likes this.
  14. AlterL

AlterL Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2019
    Venezuela
    does anybody know about a wonderswan-wonderswan color emulator for 3ds that works??? Please.

15. MrHuu

MrHuu GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Netherlands
    Beetle Cygne, included with Retroarch, is running Wonderswan / Wonderswan color just fine.

MythicalData likes this.
  16. JhonSmith

JhonSmith Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    Argentina
    FBI MENU THEME TOOL

17. Cookie__XD

Cookie__XD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Germany
    Germany
    Isn't there a tool to stream from the 3ds to the switch yet?!
    That would be amazing!

18. Jules_Red

Jules_Red Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2019
    United States
    A port of OpenLara or OpenTomb would be a pretty interesting to see

19. MrHuu

MrHuu GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Netherlands
    It's already available: https://github.com/XProger/OpenLara/tree/master/src/platform/3ds

You need to compile it yourself.
    I've got it running on my New3DS, but it's a work in progress so expect bugs.

Edit:
    I'll save you the hassle and share a compiled build.
    None of this is my work, i just compiled it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by MrHuu, Sep 19, 2019
  20. Young_Pyromancer

Young_Pyromancer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2019
    Netherlands
    are there any bounties on these proposals?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted