MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I don't know if this is possible, but can a music player be running in the background (even if games are played) and when the console is closed, it starts to play music ?

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have a idea for the game ACNL
A homebrew app that lets you edit your town easy and not edit on your computer
Like an cool Map on the Bottom like you draw something
I know theres the ACNL NTR Plugin that lets you spawn things but thats too complicated for me

SomeRandomWeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! To what little chance a capable homebrew developer sees this and thinks it's a brilliant idea, which is little to none, let's be completely honest here. I have a suggestion of something I thought would be pretty cool. I'd do it myself if I knew how to but sadly, I have not a single clue how to develop homebrew for the 3DS. The homebrew application I'd like to see is a SLOT-2 Loader. (SLOT-2 referencing SLOT-2 on the original DS and DS lite models.) What would this do? It is a Gameboy Advance Loader. That's it. Why is it called SLOT-2 Loader? I am calling it SLOT-2 Loader, the person who actually makes this can call it whatever they want, because it function like a second slot. You must "insert the cartridge" [injecting a ROM into a Virtual Console] into SLOT-2 to play your gameboy advance games. I imagine SLOT-2 Loader using two separate applications, a "SLOT-2 Launcher" application and a "SLOT-2 Injector" application. "SLOT-2 Launcher" would be a title that you launch from the home menu to run the "cartridge" in SLOT-2. "SLOT-2 Injector" would act as a .3dsx/.cia file that allows you to "change the cartridge" in SLOT-2. What's the point of this you may ask yourself, why not just use a standard emulator like mGBA or inject them manually via Virtual Console Injector? To that I answer, yes, your right. You can just use mGBA or a VC injector however if you use a VC injector, it will clutter your home menu if you are a gameboy advance enthusiast like me and mGBA runs games well, but some games still have performance issues (especially on o3ds/o2ds) that just are not there on Nintendo's Virtual Console. To whom, it may concern I do have concept screenshots should I need to display them.
How it will work under the hood: The SLOT-2 "change the cartridge" .3dsx/.cia would rename [game].gba ROM to .code and copy it into the SLOT-2 "launcher" title, overwriting the old one. The SLOT-2 "launcher" title would be a normal Virtual Console title loading the injected ".code" file. Simple!
Issues I could see it happening: Unfortunately, I am no homebrew developer and I don't exactly know the Ins and Outs of how the 3ds works in terms of homebrew so here are some issues I could see happening with this concept that will possibly need a work-around.
1. Save data issues: From what I can tell, the GameBoy Advance virtual console saves and loads data based on title id. Due to SLOT-2 Loader using only one title, a workaround will have to be made to prevent save data loss when you change the cartridge. Also not all ROMs use the same save format. While some ROMs use EEPROM, others use SRAM or FLASH. I honestly dunno if I workaround could be developed for this or not due to lack of knowledge of the 3ds scene but it could be possible.
2. Injection issues: I honestly don't know if any of this is even possible. Due to the varying sizes of games, a "one size fits all approach" may be the wrong way to go. While injecting ROMs into the SLOT-2 Launcher title should be possible (example given to us by GodMod9's H&S Injection), I am unsure how different it would be from H&S injecting or whether it would be possible due to the fact H&S is on the SYSNAND CTRNAND and SLOT-2 Launcher would be on the SYSNAND SD. Not to even ask if .3dsx applications have CTR writing access. In summery while I am pretty sure it could be done, someone else is probably going to tell me it can't so whatever I suppose.
3. Lack of interest: This will probably be the biggest detriment to SLOT-2 Loader if a developer were to even consider creating it. Because we have options such as mGBA and VC console injection, people will not see the point in making yet another way to load GBA games, especially a way as convoluted as this. Unfortunately, the only work around for this is if the community shows interest for SLOT-2 Loader and again, while I think this is an awesome idea, the community might disregard this as unnecessary and redundant and most of all unwanted.

Please give me feed back on what you think about this and whether or not it would be possible! Thank you for reading!

Reactions: Deleted User

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I vaguely remember one existing, but just in case, is there or can someone make one that simply organizes the order people show up on the Friend List? Just the order so I can keep more important people in earlier slots and randoms in later ones. Currently it's just a mess for me and deleting and readding people takes forever to do with 80-100 of them...

Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

A custom keyboard changer, that allows you to switch your keyboard from, let's say Chinese, to Symbols, to Other types of icons viewable on the 3DS, such as a couple of emojis. It should also allow you to view Switch Symbols, or Wii U Symbols if you would like that. You can also change the font.

Idea 2:

A Mii QR Code generator for gold pants Miis, since they usually can't be saved as a QR.

3:

A 3ds homebrew app that is like the popular game Pong, but it requires a second 3ds via Download Play (multiplayer)

4:

An MP3 to M4A converter, so that you can listen to songs you haven't already converted can be listened to via 3DS Sound.

Last edited by , , Reason: I wanted to add more ideas for others

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Q: is there a way on a hacked N3DS/N2DS (B9S) to get all event pokemon in ultra sun / ultra moon?
I used to use mystery machine on A9LH, but does it still work?
Don't know what mystery machine is, but you can just use PKSM to inject wondercards or boxes full of old event Pokemon that are legit to your game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch