Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ravgt

ravgt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Guatemala
    A great homebrew app is a screen brightness boost the n3ds xl really sucks under the sunlight.

WintendoZone likes this.
  2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I vaguely remember one existing, but just in case, is there or can someone make one that simply organizes the order people show up on the Friend List? Just the order so I can keep more important people in earlier slots and randoms in later ones. Currently it's just a mess for me and deleting and readding people takes forever to do with 80-100 of them...

I pwned U! likes this.
  3. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
  4. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
    Is a closed source game, is impossible to make a port of it. Use dosbox to run it directly

5. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
  6. Megakuma

Megakuma Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    United States
    Down there a bit
    a hbl exploit using a mii qr code with the mii maker app

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That would only be possible if it had a buffer overflow vulnerability, which it probably doesnt and was likely one of the first things checked for one when homebrew started taking off

8. WintendoZone

WintendoZone Also known as Cosmo (CV)

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    A custom keyboard changer, that allows you to switch your keyboard from, let's say Chinese, to Symbols, to Other types of icons viewable on the 3DS, such as a couple of emojis. It should also allow you to view Switch Symbols, or Wii U Symbols if you would like that. You can also change the font.

Idea 2:

A Mii QR Code generator for gold pants Miis, since they usually can't be saved as a QR.

3:

A 3ds homebrew app that is like the popular game Pong, but it requires a second 3ds via Download Play (multiplayer)

4:

An MP3 to M4A converter, so that you can listen to songs you haven't already converted can be listened to via 3DS Sound.

Last edited by WintendoZone, Feb 26, 2018 - Reason: I wanted to add more ideas for others
  9. Davidistheboss21

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    What about a volume booster when I listen to music i have saved with headphones I wish It could get louder

I pwned U! and WintendoZone like this.
  10. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Q: is there a way on a hacked N3DS/N2DS (B9S) to get all event pokemon in ultra sun / ultra moon?
    I used to use mystery machine on A9LH, but does it still work?

11. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Don't know what mystery machine is, but you can just use PKSM to inject wondercards or boxes full of old event Pokemon that are legit to your game.

12. Davidistheboss21

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    What about a direct download pach in the 3ds browser
    Idea 2
    arcive viewer and extractor for .zip .7z .rar and .garc and .narc

13. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You can't download files in the 3ds browser, so first idea is impossible

Davidistheboss21 likes this.
  14. Davidistheboss21

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    what about a browser alternative like a homebrew internet browser?

15. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    At that point you already have homebrew set up, and FBI can download most homebrew from within homebrew launcher. So again no real point.

16. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
  17. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Idea 1 COULD be possible, but way to much work for a simple homebrew and patching things stored in NAND (stock apps) can end up in bricks, so not worth it. To download stuff, you can go with MultiDownload++ though if you know the link to the file. For idea 2, I think there already is one for .zip and same for .garc and .narc (both of which have absolutely no reason to be opened on the 3DS btw).

You CAN download select files (eg: certain pictures), so it IS possible, just would take reprogramming a large chunk of code.

That would be a nice idea and since it's a homebrew (meaning it runs as a game instead of along with a game), it can even be extended-memory and end up really strong. But again, not worth the sheer amount of work it will take. Also, why use the 3DS for browsing? Even a terrible phone can do more:P

18. Davidistheboss21

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    really a garc/narc extractor on the 3ds?? Send me it Pleaseeee!! this should be a GM9 feature honestly.

19. SomeRandomWeeb

SomeRandomWeeb Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2017
    United States
    Idk if this is already a thing but a Homebrew Download Play for use with emulators and such.

20. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    1) A GBA loader (similar to twloader, but it loads a GBA ROM into AGB_FIRM and executes it. This will save space on the SD card instead of installing each as a CIA, and will run faster than on mGBA)
    2) A media player, except it works similar to webman on the PS3 (you choose a video, and then it opens it in a browser window)