iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
inspired by http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=295...p;#entry3687669

About the post count, is there someway we can hide our post count, so that only for example we can see it or something

the only thing post count does is well nothing ; and its just a basis for fuel to flamers

again, im only speaking on my behalf, and if this were ever to be considered i think it should be optional, that is whether you want to hide your post count or not

i couldn't care less about it myself, to me its always hidden since i never pay attention to it, but i get sick of some posts such as : "omg you have like XXXX so posts and you dunno what your saying" / something of the sort

Also, even if this is possible or not (the above that is), can we have some sort of upgrade to the medal system, as in more medals, i kind of like this much more than anything, Reminds me of the Ubuntu forums and their coffee beans and such; i find this much more better than a combo of post count and medals.

so i hope you can consider this, thank you.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
inspired by http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=295...p;#entry3687669

About the post count, is there someway we can hide our post count, so that only for example we can see it or something

the only thing post count does is well nothing ; and its just a basis for fuel to flamers

again, im only speaking on my behalf, and if this were ever to be considered i think it should be optional, that is whether you want to hide your post count or not

i couldn't care less about it myself, to me its always hidden since i never pay attention to it, but i get sick of some posts such as : "omg you have like XXXX so posts and you dunno what your saying" / something of the sort
That would be awesome. I spend lots of time of forums (JoostinOffline=bored), so my post count rises faster than most. I do believe that my posts contribute to the conversation, but strangers who see my join date and post count often assume I am just a spammer. Going through recent posts shows otherwise, but since when do flamers do a little research before provoking arguments?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiding post count would force a redesign of how the medal system works. Anybody who asked could easily find the guide or look at another user, and that would be able to give them a ballpark estimate of how many posts the person has. Initiate flame bait.

Stupidest thing to flame over really.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not keen on the post count being removed here's why, if some one has a post count of above a 100 or something and has also been here for awhile you tend to have more trust in that persons posts (This is a pro-hacking forum, bricks are worst thing about hacking) However, if you see someone with a quite low post count you tend not to trust their posts as much (with things that could brick consoles etc) no matter how long they've been here for.

Also, I've seen very few people here obsessed with their post count, it's just a sign that you don't have a life.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
luke_c said:
A better idea is that you ignore and report the flamers and let the staff deal with them appropriately.
What he said
Honestly it's not fuel for anyone with half a brain. The only people who flame over post really are just moronic noobs with no lives and really just be ignored. Anyone who flames over something as low as post count really is just the weakest form of flaming.
Also making threads about it really does just encourage the morons more, just saying.

Also as Nathan Drake said as well, doing this would require a lot of really unnecessary work for no real pay off

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mixed views

i knew it were a bad idea (well i still think it aint that bad)

thanks for bothering to post ...

JUST INCREASED MY POST COUNT BY 1 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is not with the medal or the post count system.
Its with how people think about things.
Imaginination, Competition, etc etc

You cannot change how people thing towards certain things I am afraid.
I like your suggestion, but like you said, people have mixed views
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a discussion about it before and it was rejected by the majority of people.

luke_c said:
A better idea is that you ignore and report the flamers and let the staff deal with them appropriately.
Far more logical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...