Not open for further replies.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I think we need to post our discussions about cover art here. This will keep this from getting too many posts in this section of the forum.

I am willing to change my post every couple of days, if you want me to write free alternatives or anything else of the sort. I just figure it is better to have one thread, then to have 10 different threads, and for this converation to carry over to other loader threads. We have gotten way off topic, so I thought I would create this off topic thread for all to post in.

So let me start this off for everyone.

I fully understand why some people would want to pay for bulk downloads. It makes sense, and hey it's $1. However, there is a matter of principal that is lost in all of this. I realize the "newer" generation has no respect for the scene any longer, and do whatever they like, and post whatever they like, and mess up great sites like this one with those posts. But there is one cardinal rule that has existed forever. You know what that is, honor amongst theives.

If your in this forum, your cheating the system in one way or another. No backups are not legal. So your either making back ups because you feel like you have a right to the information that is on the disk you purchased or you are just downloading the games and playing them. So you my friends are all breaking the law in one way or another.

I am not here to argue that point, as we are all guilty. But there is another extent that people take things to, that is wrong. Some of you may not have the money to buy your kid a game, so you grab it on line. OK, that is fine. Others will download the game, and burn the game for friends. OK that is fine. But others will take the game, burn it, and sell it for $20 a pop to others. See that is not cool.

First off, the person doing this did none of the work to get that game, to upload that game. To take the risk to be jailed for doing it. But the person selling that game takes that work and sells it. Now, this is a thin moral line here. Considering it is all stolen information. But noone should profit off of this stolen information.

Now, having explained that basic principal. I want you to use those points and explain to me how djatz is doing something right. First off, all his artwork is donated by others who rented or bought those videogames. They upload it to him to keep his site going. Now, let's be realistic. How many people here are going to his site for other reasons besides for usbloaders. I had no clue his site existed before all this information came about. He realized this, and decided to profit on it by asking for "donations". If you "donated" you can get access to use his services on your usbloader. Mind you that his services are created by the "scene" and not him alone.

Now, on top of this, his story changed more times then I eat in a day. First, it was bandwidth issues. Second, it was resources on the server. Now, there is no issues, but people still have to "donate" for the priveledge to download in bulk to their usbloader from his site.

Djatz,

Your a piece of shit. Here is the reason. If it wasn't for the scene, you wouldn't have your site. Your site is only made possible by
-Those who rip the games.
-Those that found a softmod method
-Those who wrote USBLoaders
-Those who took their time to scan and give you the covers

None of these people tried to profit off of this, but you did. That's why your a piece of shit.

If you didn't try to profit off of this, then just explain why:
1- You refuse to host no converted small sized images for usbloaders?
2- Why after everything is resolved, you still require a "donation" to use your site for usbloaders?

I know you won't answer these questions cause you are full of shit. I thought about what you wrote in terms of helping the scene. You haven't helped shit.
- You hosted files. Big fucking congratulations.
- You wrote a script for usbloaders for mass downloads, which you deem is honorable. It's not honorable when you charge for it.
- You claim your site is free, but noone uses your site for shit besides automatic downloads through USBLoaders.

In either case, all opinions are welcome here. Let's keep the rest of the threads in here clean of these conversations.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the loaders all changed sites to download covers anyway so enjoy your scam site do whatever you want but you want be getting half as much donations now
tongue.gif

T.I

Muntrue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to hijack your post (I guess thats allowed here ;] ) but I would like to draw some attention to my post about setting up a new site like wiiboxart.

Please if you have time, check it out here . We could have this off the ground as fast as you would want it.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not going to turn to be a good post. At this point, the sides have been set, the arguments have been made. Bottom line is there are two clear sides and points of view. For this to end we must ALL understand that. While I do agree with the technical points being made... that is ONLY my opinion. I think the best thing to do at this juncture, is to work with the devs of your respective loader. (I am in communications with mine) The devs made their loaders for people to use. If they do not use them because of this issue, then it does turn out to be a waste of their many hard worked hours creating and testing these apps.

I firmly believe that all the devs will begin (If they have not done so already) looking at alternate ways for their loaders to acquire the coverart.

Granted, the way it was set up was quick, easy, and quite frankly it did rock. However as time changes, so too does this. Instead of spending all our time getting into heated disputes, what say we instead utilize that time to speak to the devs. If it comes about that the devs are able to find a solution, then everything will solve itself. People will have loaders with 100% functionality and wiiboxart will no longer need to worry about any issues caused by the downloads.

I know you ALL have your opinions and are VERY passionate in them. I do get and understand that. DjTaz has done what he has done for his reasons and it was his choice. Whether his plan (whatever it may be) succeeds or not, will happen in time. I implore you all, please, let's stop the name calling, the hating, the bashing. If we have modded our Wii's (which I am sure everyone here has) then we all have some intelligence (It wasn't a VERY difficult process to mod, but a total noob probably couldn't have done it without a LOT of pain) Let's begin to use this intelligence. Taz haters - leave Taz alone. Taz-lovers - leave the other folks alone.

Let's simply search for alternatives, use them, and be done with it. I I think we may all be able to use this as a learning experioence (although I am still trying to decide what it is I have learned)

Bottom line folks, agree to disagree, and move on.

Cheers

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rustybanna,

The goal was to have people post in here, cause there was like 10 thread together doing this. I am not an admin and can't merge the threads or I would have. It was just to eliminate the 10 threads. Guess it failed.

Djatz,

I think it's funny that you answer LOL, but don't answer any questions. Is it that hard to say, I want to make a profit? Just answer any of my questions.

Whatever, maybe people are right for people to drop this. It is just annoying because I know you are no better then the guy at the flea market selling pirated games. And you bs with the best of em. At first you were convincing, but the more I read the more I knew you were full of it.

It just sucks that there are people like you in this world that use others work to benifit off of. Congrats on your script.

Rutny,

I am passionate about it, because I have been in the scene for a good 15+ years myself and know things. This is wrong. All the new guys don't mind. But piracy is not a business, it's not intended to be profitable for anyone that's not the purpose.

I guess I am just an old fuck who believes in greater ideologies. Maybe I am the sucker. I never understood how today's hero's could be Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton. But I do have to say the newest generation is a huge let down for more reasons then one.

I guess I will leave it at that. Not sure how anyone can say it is ok to make money off of others work.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Rutny,

I am passionate about it, because I have been in the scene for a good 15+ years myself and know things. This is wrong. All the new guys don't mind. But piracy is not a business, it's not intended to be profitable for anyone that's not the purpose.

I guess I am just an old fuck who believes in greater ideologies. Maybe I am the sucker. I never understood how today's hero's could be Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton. But I do have to say the newest generation is a huge let down for more reasons then one.

I guess I will leave it at that. Not sure how anyone can say it is ok to make money off of others work.

I happen to agree completely, I also am an "old fart" and I agree that the younger gen is much much different, unfortunately, again..things change. You remember when we were young...the old timers at that time seemed out of this world. I think its come back around and got us
wink.gif
As far as piracy is concerend, when it becomes about money, it becomes very dangerous. But hey mate, we are old, we don't know a thing
wink2.gif

I still think going to the devs is the best option. (No offense to Taz or the people that use his website) There are people now working on a better solution, and once that is done, we will be all fat and happy again. We WILL get what we want (not to have to pay for the principle of it) and those that donated and want to use Taz's site, will get to. (I'd be willing to bet, not much more money will be made on his venture) Let's face it, say I am a noob, I just got a loader, am looking at it and I see...wait...what's this...I can get covers for free, or pay money...which way you think they are gonna go? Give it time...things WILL work out. ...at the very least for us.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol so much fail
keep fighting the good fight guys! looool
this reminds me of people arguing about the (non)existence of god, both sides so stubborn they refuse to acknowledge a single point of other side and they just continue rehashing the same points over and over and both sides never come to any sort of agreement on anything.
whether or not you agree with djtaz or his site, it really doesnt matter
at this point its clear no matter how much verbal diarrhea you spew in his direction, hes going to continue to lol in your face and keep running his awesome site
take it or leave it, but plz quit cluttering the boards with this nonsense, maybe you should make an anti-wiiboxart site and forum where you can continue to discuss this deeply important and life altering matter, hell given the amount of effort gone into all these posts it wouldnt surprise me
GL AND HAVE FUN U GUYZ

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alucard77, he's not charging you to download covers, it's just that he can't afford so much bandwidth and he was already getting penalized by his hosting company.

The loader developers chose that page because it is the best place to get wii covers in special sizes. The guy is not charging you for all the coding job, he's asking for help.

Besides he's probably a very nice guy, look at the that girl that's giving him a Wii. To get a woman with those tits, you have to be at least Jesus-level nice.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ridgecity,

Awesome post. I actually agreed with you, but I read a lot of his posts, and saw what was really up.

As for the titties, I have to say, in my day any time I got a girl with incredible titties, it wasn't cause I was one hell of a nice guy. I find the nice guy angle fails a lot more then it succeeds.

I do have to say, the one thing I do like about djtaz is his avatar.

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
Alucard77, he's not charging you to download covers, it's just that he can't afford so much bandwidth and he was already getting penalized by his hosting company.

The loader developers chose that page because it is the best place to get wii covers in special sizes. The guy is not charging you for all the coding job, he's asking for help.

Besides he's probably a very nice guy, look at the that girl that's giving him a Wii. To get a woman with those tits, you have to be at least Jesus-level nice.

actually the developers at least the loader gx have publicly stated they don't support his site and now if you download covers it goes to another site.

mverason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Ridgecity,

Awesome post. I actually agreed with you, but I read a lot of his posts, and saw what was really up.

As for the titties, I have to say, in my day any time I got a girl with incredible titties, it wasn't cause I was one hell of a nice guy. I find the nice guy angle fails a lot more then it succeeds.

I do have to say, the one thing I do like about djtaz is his avatar.

I don't feel like reading 15 worth of pages of what happened. Could someone explain what really went on?

We should drop the complaints and take action of this issue. It only takes some community effort to overcome what's going on.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mverason said:
I don't feel like reading 15 worth of pages of what happened. Could someone explain what really went on?

We should drop the complaints and take action of this issue. It only takes some community effort to overcome what's going on.

Action has already been taken. A number of sites have sprung up with the covers for USB loaders. There's a new site that incorporates the covers along with game information that will one day be part of the loaders. There's really nothing to discuss anymore. The free market has solved the problem.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@beav1s
Cmon son did you not read the entire thread. Take a chill pill (I'm aging myself here) and flame elsewhere, it's time for that level of immaturity to stop
Go have fun with the website you love so dearly. Its YOUR choice.

hdhacker said:
mverason said:

Action has already been taken. A number of sites have sprung up with the covers for USB loaders. There's a new site that incorporates the covers along with game information that will one day be part of the loaders. There's really nothing to discuss anymore. The free market has solved the problem.

To expand on this...the devs (at least one loader has, and another is looking into) alternate avenues for getting the images. So suffice to say, we are on the right path (meaning that we are in the process of having multiple alternatives to chose what we want to use...you want to pay...have at it...you dont want to pay...have at it) It's win win for all (well for those who dont want to pay)

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
alucard77 said:
Djatz,

Your a piece of shit. Here is the reason. If it wasn't for the scene, you wouldn't have your site. Your site is only made possible by
-Those who rip the games.
-Those that found a softmod method
-Those who wrote USBLoaders
-Those who took their time to scan and give you the covers

Thanks and Amen !
smile.gif

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rutny said:
@beav1s
Cmon son did you not read the entire thread. Take a chill pill (I'm aging myself here) and flame elsewhere, it's time for that level of immaturity to stop
Go have fun with the website you love so dearly. Its YOUR choice.

im sorry but i think its absolute bullshit that you and others call djtaz a thief and a liar when its simply not the case
ive said it before ill say it again, few if any people have done more work with regards to getting cover/disc art working with usbloaders than him
thank the people who code the loaders, thank the people who make the cover art, thank djtaz for initially making the two work together so seamlessly
the reason autodownloading covers is even possible is in part thanks to the hard work djtaz has done with wiiboxart site
for you to continue to call him a thief and a liar and scammer unjustifiably is again, absolute bullshit
ftr i donated (obv) but it wasnt to autodownload covers, i havnt even used the feature, i simply appreciated the hard work djtaz did and was more than happy to help him out with server/hosting/whatever costs he needed. the fact that youre ungrateful and demanding all while contributing nothing but drama and slandering the very people who worked so hard to make all this shit work in the first place is ridiculous, and i will continue to respond accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn