Post a picture of your desktop!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well finally I got Vista themes working, I wasn't really using vistaglazz for SP1.

Here is my current desktop:

ta2fk6.png
2d1jtjq.png

EDIT: Mewgia suggested to get a dock and remove those icons so:

152z3tj.png
2wcla8m.png

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thank you everyone for all the help! My desktop is looking way better already.

I got some more questions though @_@

I'm not sure if it's Mac only, but is it possible for XP users to get those icons in the desktop that say like "C:" and "My Computer" and they also tell you how much space is left in the drive right under it? I've seen it in a lot of Macs, but dunno if it's possible.

Also, my mom uses a program called MagicJack...it's basically a phone that you plug into your computer. Well, anyway, the stupid program creates a shortcut item in my desktop, and it looks very ugly. Everytime I delete it, it makes a new one when the computer is restarted. Anyone know a way I could hide this icon or something? I tried looking in the settings of the MagicJack to see if there's an "enable shortcut item" or something, but there's not D:

Edit: Okay, I found out how to hide the MagicJack, but I'm still wondering about the HDD and stuff on the desktop.

Here's my desktop!

With VisualStyle Task Bar:

With OB:

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its possible, download a .ico set (you can find it them at deviantart) and store it somewhere on your hard drive. here's a nice tutorial on how to change the icons. For the magic jack thing are you the administrator of the computer? the only solution i can think of right now is to click >run>msconfig and then the startup tab and uncheck the program.

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
where do u guys leave ur shortcuts for programs when u dont have docks
cause i see u guys not have like my comp, my docs
and all that

just wondering cuz its really hard to go into the start menu and then find/click a program
not hard just painstaking process

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
genuisgeek said:
where do u guys leave ur shortcuts for programs when u dont have docks
cause i see u guys not have like my comp, my docs
and all that

just wondering cuz its really hard to go into the start menu and then find/click a program
not hard just painstaking process
I personally use a keystroke launcher called Enso. It's great. Launchy is also an option but I've never tried it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head