Post a picture of your desktop!

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by BoneMonkey, Jul 30, 2007.

1. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    I'm still kinda new to it but my guess is that it started off as an alternative to WMP but now its become popular to the customizability of it. There are some really great foobar skins out there, all as different as you can imagine.
    If all you want to do is hide recyclebin by itself then just get Tweaknow PowerPack 2006 and go into windows enhance ment --> desktop --> untick recycle bin

2. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I would do the Tweaknow thing, but dont wanna pay the price for it though. :\

3. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    You can also download Styler Toolbar and hide your icons through that, it's a program you should have anyway if you are customizing Windows.

4. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    *sigh*
    Hey Urza, what version of foobar are you using? The stupid album art doesn't appear, and it's in the same folder as the songs. (filename: folder.jpg) I read the comments that people made of the same issue and put what the said in the user globals. [// Cover settings
    $puts(cover_filename,cover)
    $puts(cover_extension,jpg)

// Don't change these!
    $puts(cover_path,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)$get(cover_filename).$get(cover_extension))]

5. xcalibur

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    What happened to good ol' piracy?

6. kellyan95

kellyan95 Banned

Banned
    Jul 4, 2007
    United States
    The free version of TweakUI can hide it

7. Scorned

Scorned Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2008
    United States
    I like the dual screen.

8. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    Woah, Urza, post a link to that wallie. It's freaking awesome [​IMG]

9. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    For some reason, I installed TweakUI, but nothing happened. I couldnt even find it in my Program Files or anything. Tried reinstalling, same thing.

Also, kellyan, I tried your program to hide the taskbar... works great. However, whenever I open Azureus, put a new wallpaper, and a whole bunch of other things... it shows it up again. It gets kinda annoying. :\

10. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    Hmm, and TweakUI is not in your start menu programs either?

I would also only recommend getting rid of the taskbar if you have a valid replacement for it.

11. kellyan95

kellyan95 Banned

Banned
    Jul 4, 2007
    United States
    It wasn't in C:\Program Files? That is very strange. Maybe searching for TweakUI will give you it's location.

12. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Yay! Found it, finally. Had to reinstall it like 40 times >__> This is what my desktop looks like now:

[​IMG]

13. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Not sure where the original image came from, but here it is in 1500x950:
    [​IMG]

Also, new background:
    [​IMG]

14. Commander

Commander GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    The Amok VS skin nice choice I was using that up until yesterday, now using Ashen II.

15. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I downloaded Foobar2k, and its pretty nice. Im trying to decide whether to keep Foobar or AveTunes.

Anyone know where to find some good Foobar skins? Also, anyone know where to find some useful widgets for AveDesk? Thanks!

I also tried MiniMIZE, but for some reason, it only works for windows like My Computer, Music, etc. It doesnt work with Firefox. :\

16. kellyan95

kellyan95 Banned

Banned
    Jul 4, 2007
    United States
  17. xcalibur

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    I noticed that as well, it works fine if you minimize it using the actual button but if you click the taskbar button it dissapears...
    Also, Urza posted a really nice config earlier which you might want to try. Alternatively you should check out deviantart.
    Foobar doesn't use skins, it uses configs and some of the newer ones need PanelsUI, check around in these forums for more info : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=28

Could you please tell me which skin you are using for your dock?

Edit: thought I might as well post my new desktop

[​IMG]

18. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
  19. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hrm. This is the config that Urza is using. I'm using it too, but only problem I have with it is the album covers not working.

Meanwhile, I try to somehow make this awesome photograph into a wallpaper.

Edit: Any think the "Vista Transformation Pack" would kill an XP computer?

20. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Im pretty sure I do have the latest beta. Ill see if I can figure out how to change the themes... I dont know how flai did it, but he had a really nice theme that wasnt huge like the default one is, and it showed his coverart for several CDs and everything. I want something like that.

Im using RK Launcher with the theme Ghostwalkers_Leopard