Post a picture of your desktop!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Man, I am in LOVE with that MacOS look that everyone has! Does that Flyakite program do that? I want a program that will make my WindowsXP look like that! D:

PS: I'll post my desktop tomorrow when I get home.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
60714429al0.png

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, I am in LOVE with that MacOS look that everyone has! Does that Flyakite program do that? I want a program that will make my WindowsXP look like that! D:

I use yahoo widgets, rocket dock, windows blinds, flyakite 3.5 (there is only 3.0 on the flyakite site) and varios apps to change bootscreens and such

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a really nice background, flai. Can you explain what some of your programs do?

Avedesk is basically a free Yahoo widget engine alternative and AveTunes is just a skinnable iTunes desklet.
ObjectDock Plus is a shareware program which offers a flexable dock.

Visual Style is just a skin and a free alternative to Windowblinds which while it is a good program, can be a royal pain in the arse sometimes.

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I use yahoo widgets, rocket dock, windows blinds, flyakite 3.5 (there is only 3.0 on the flyakite site) and varios apps to change bootscreens and such

NEVER use Flyakite. Worst AiO ever. If you really want to emulate OS X, then spend the time on Aqua-Soft looking at other people's setups and emulating from there. If you want a disgusting looking desktop, use Flyakite.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Uhh...really? I saw some youtube videos on Flyakite and the desktops look fine, really. What other program do you suggest? (Easy to use, please...)

Btw, very nice background, flai. I might "borrow" it :>

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uhh...really? I saw some youtube videos on Flyakite and the desktops look fine, really. What other program do you suggest? (Easy to use, please...)

Btw, very nice background, flai. I might "borrow" it :>

I suggest taking some time on deviantArt looking through the Windowblinds themes and Visual Styles. I don't really emulate OS X as I have a Mac anyway I just try to make my desktop more functional and attractive. Flyakite is ok when you haven't seen much of the customization community.

Just take a look at this -

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/136...evilmnky204.jpg

That in my opinion is the best OS X emulation you can get and with a little time and some effort put in, you can kick Flyakite's arse. I suggest using Objectbar, Windowblinds, RKLauncher, AveDesk, AveTunes, Miranda IM, Styler Toolbar, iTunes+Multi-Plugin (only if you don't have a new iPod which requires 7.4). Also go and join Hollywoodgui.com. Exclusive icons and themes, loads of mods and NFR stuff you won't find anywhere else.

Thats all my secrets for now
wink.gif

And check out evilmnky's gallery here, some of the best emulation out there -

evilmnky204.deviantart.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol ssds starting to have fans...