Possibly Fixing Picture/Avatar Upload

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Nathan Drake, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Common knowledge is the fact that the upload service for avatars and personal photos is completely broken. It has been since I joined (January), and was inevitably broken even before that if it already was when I joined. I was just wondering if there were any plans to fix or alter that service in the near future. I realize it is low priority, but how low priority could it been left broken for the better part of a year?

I was just reminded and thought about how long its been.

Just curious is all. I would also love the ability to log in and post on the mobile temp, but that's a different topic (a little below this one :3).

2. 1234turtles

1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2011
    United States
    please fix it [​IMG]
    i want change my personal photo

3. Presto99

Presto99 You slammin, bro?

Feb 24, 2010
    United States
    Skyworld
    I also would like it to be fixed, if probable. I can't change mine either....

4. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

May 11, 2009
    United States
    Carson
    Heh, you hit the nail right on the head! [​IMG] I had a personal photo but I deleted it and planned to upload another. But I never did, because of the upload problem...

5. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    wait, something just happened. i was trying to upload earlier and it said upload failed, but now my personal photo changed?

i assume it's fixed now. but earlier i still have my old personal photo.

6. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    I could change mine just fine, up until two weeks ago where I tried to upload another one and failed.

A couple of days ago I tried to upload it again and it worked.

Upload service just has a mind of it's own.

Edit: and for your avatar, you should really use another website instead of pix.gbatemp.
    Not sure if it's been fixed now but last time I used it, images don't show for random parts of the day.

7. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just leave it up to luck.

8. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    pix.gbatemp.net always works perfectly for me... assuming you're talking about the picture upload service, only thing is if you upload 2 different images with the same file name, the first one u uploaded with that name will be copied