Possibly considering writing a HP parody

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by iTech, Aug 1, 2007.

Aug 1, 2007
  1. iTech
    OP

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Inspired by the success of the "Barry Trotter" series of Harry Potter parodies, I decided I might be thinking of contemplating writing my own.
    Originally, I had envisioned a character named "Hairy Pothead", a mute stoner that was shipped off to an historic penitentiary facility and had all sorts of crazy adventures with the inmates (I got the idea after watching The Last Castle)
    But the names "Harry/Hairy Pothead" already exist in some lame-ass parodies from other, less talented and presumably child-murdering homosensual people.

Therefore, I decided that if I were to write a a parody, it would be parody on the "concept and implementation" of Harry Potter instead of just the various incarnations of the franchise, and thus more of a satire than a parody. A name "Harry Butter" would be perfect to craft a satirical story dealing with the way the series was milked to death. However, "Hairy Butter" has the added benefit of communicating the vulgarity of some parts of the story to potential readers. But, there is some artist named "Hairy Butter" (no shit!) and thus I'm using it only unless that person complains, otherwise I'm switching to "Harry", IF I'm going through with it at all.

Here's the first paragraph which I wrote about ten minutes ago;

Obviously it's just a draft and therefore poorly constructed, but it gives you an idea of the tone of the book.
    So, according to you, should I or should I don't (do it)?

2. Bitbyte

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    "He smelled the sweat mix of penile protein
    and cheap Turkish carpet and several memories of his childhood came rushing through his still-dreamy mind."

Made me lol [​IMG]

"Don't be no goddamn shizzle ya dig? Be gettin' up earlier ya hear? Sleep is the cousin of death! Wordup!" as well. Make more! [​IMG]

3. RayorDragonFall

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    If you did it, I would read it. Thats all I'm going to say... for now.

4. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You've got some ability there, so I'd say forget the parody. Harry Potter is already old news.

Just change things a bit and turn it into something original.

5. iTech
    OP

United States
    [EDIT]: Live book editing FTW!
    [EDIT:] No more editing, that's it!

6. iTech
    OP

United States
    Ah crap. I just found out the name of the school in "Barry Trotter" is Hogwash as well. I'm taking Wanque's advice and forgetting about it. Ah well, still got plenty of other shit to work on.

[EDIT:] For those eager to know what was going to happen next; He noticed that the smell came from his neighbor's house and was carried by a draft through a huge hole in the kitchen wall. Aunt Putania caught him mumbling something about pancackes, and he didn't know what better thing to say than to claim he was gonna make pancakes for the entire family, which he did. His aunt was too ashamed of the incestual porking session to look him in the face, so she never noticed the dripping condom stuck on Hairy's forehead, which later ended up in her pancake which toughened avoiding the topic of last night. His uncle Roberta shuffled away when he saw Hairy approaching and turned on the TV, pretending to be very interested in some show, which ironcally was about Incest. He claimed he was watching his favorite show without even having noticed the topic, when he did notice, he said he was actually looking for a show on "Action Geographic", which was also a show about incest "ah yes, Insects, you know how I love themz!", when it became apparant that it was not about insects, he switched to a show which was about inbred southerners, then a show about the closely related bloodlines in modern political dynasties, and then a news channel showing Bush giving a speech. And so on ... His school would have been a corporate-shark-crafting facility with specific campuses with fitting names for groups of people with varied interests and abilities - you had the Software-Inn, the Graphics-Dorm, etc. and people would be labeled as to what group they belonged to. The "Ron" character would become a mass murderer after taking "Paxkill" and listening to Immortal Technique and would storm the school with an army of revived previously-dead fetuses and fist fuck "Hermione"'s pussy while holding a hand grenade. The headmaster was a slick character reminiscent of Christian Bale's character in American Psycho (he applauded "Ron"'s actions and offered him a highly-paid babysitting job) ...

7. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    I for one am disappointed at the abandoning of this work-in-progress of literary genius [​IMG]

8. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    lol, [​IMG]