Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Possibly a GPS for the DS

How to make one.

natrium42 shows on his wiki how to connect a GPS module to the DSerial motherboard, said setup would turn the DS into no less than a GPS receiver.

natrium42 said:

This project shows how to connect a serial GPS module to DSerial.

First, determine whether your GPS module uses RS-232 level or TTL/CMOS level serial port. See this article for explanation of the difference. If it's TTL/CMOS level, then MAX3221 converter should be disabled by setting "UartEn = 1" in the firmware and the GPS module should be connected to IO2 Rx/Tx lines.
If it's RS-232 level, then MAX3221 converter should be enabled by setting "UartEn = 0" in the firmware (default setting) and the GPS module should be connected to the RS232 connector.

The following shows how a Lassen iQ GPS module is connected. It uses a CMOS level serial port and draws only 26mA, so it can be powered directly from DS. GPS NMEA strings are continuously sent to DS at 4800bps (by default) and can be viewed in the console.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
im pretty sure this was posted on gbatemp a long long looooong time ago but i can't seem to find it anyhow this will hopefully become more fuctional in the future because i don't wanna open my ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)