Hacking Possible? Update MiiPlaza on sysNand?

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I want to use MiiPlaza on my sysNAND.
Is it possible to update my MiiPlaza without update my sysNAND to the most recent firmware?
I already try to install it with a linked emuNAND, but I alway get this error code:
image-jpg.17227
image-jpg.17228

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, if you update it on emunand you can use it, thats what I did, i had a hard time downloaded it so i looked for the CIA and installed it instead, now it works fine and all my content was still there
sweet:} did you find the cia on 3dsiso?
and now that there is PTB-CFW we can install it on sysnand 2;]

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works???? I already tried it with a linked emuNAND but every time I start the MiiPlaza in sysNAND I get in error.(something like: Update corrupt and it tells me to delete it in the settings)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiiPlaza updates are different from sysNAND updates. It should not harm your sysNAND and is ok to update. I did this on my previous 3DS.

Honestly though, I would do everything in emuNAND. You will want your streettags and everything there. The only thing I would think you want to run from sysNAND is ninjhax since you would want your emuNAND on the latest firmware.

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would prefer to have it on my sysNAND and when I tried to update the application in sysNAND it told me to update my sysNAND to 9.5

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
MiiPlaza updates are different from sysNAND updates. It should not harm your sysNAND and is ok to update. I did this on my previous 3DS.

Honestly though, I would do everything in emuNAND. You will want your streettags and everything there. The only thing I would think you want to run from sysNAND is ninjhax since you would want your emuNAND on the latest firmware.
do you get those updates from UpdateCDN, or iso sites???

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you get those updates from UpdateCDN, or iso sites???

In emuNAND you can just download them. You can find the DLC as a CIA and it all works. I would not recommend installing CIA to sysNAND though. Do EVERYTHING in emuNAND. I've seen way to many posts of new guys here screwing up their N3DS from trying things out of the norm that the guides tell everyone NOT to do.

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always get this error

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 563
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 591

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get this error

Did you delete the data as the error code suggests? It means that your DS has downloaded the update but it wasn't applied correctly. Also, are your NAND's linked or unlinked? I'd suggest unlinking them and then the update will probably work correctly for you.

Ente

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you delete the data as the error code suggests? It means that your DS has downloaded the update but it wasn't applied correctly. Also, are your NAND's linked or unlinked? I'd suggest unlinking them and then the update will probably work correctly for you.
I redownloaded it but i get the same error again.
What do you mean with:
I'd suggest unlinking them and then the update will probably work correctly for you.
If I unlink them the update won't show in the sysNAND and i can't install it from sysNAND directly

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean - If I unlink them the update won't show in the sysNAND and i can't install it from sysNAND directly

The point of emuNAND is for protection of updating your sysNAND. This is the last time I'll mention that you should be doing EVERYTHING (even streetpass) in emuNAND. I don't want to see another thread on how someone updated their system and now they can't run GW. Don't. Just don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off