Possible to use 7.2 emunand on sysnand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aaron007, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Aaron007
    OP

Aaron007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I was wondering if it's possible to use this emunand as a restore for sysnand?
    If so how can I then downgrade to 4.x without brick. Thanks! ;)

2. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    This I want to know as well. Can a dump of EmuNAND Classic be flashed onto the console's sysNAND? (provided everything were legit)

Margen67 and boomie0123 like this.
  3. lPolarisl

lPolarisl GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2015
    Hungary
    Haven't tried it, but I see no reason why not...

4. Aaron007
    OP

Aaron007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for your reply! I think I read somewhere that higher emunand version will not work on sysnand.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you do realize flashing emunand to sysnand will just give you a stock FW of whatever FW emunand was using, and yeah flashing to 8.1 or higher seems to cause bricks......so this process is not advised and somewhat pointless

if you really want to do it for whatever reason, you will need to extract your emunand using emunandtool so its formatted correctly, if anything messes up the only way to recover is with a hardmod

but just to clarify any of the features of 7.x emunand are lost, i.e no region free/FW spoofing etc, it will just be a stock 7.x

MelonGx and Aaron007 like this.
  6. Aaron007
    OP

Aaron007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Huzzah, got everything to work! My Zelda Four Swords Anniversary game and was able to downgrade to 4.x and have linked nands. :grog:

MelonGx likes this.