Possible to save Mii's/Save Games... etc.... To SD Card? (Save Game Manager GX.)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by petethepug, May 10, 2016.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So simple question.
    I installed Save Game Manager GX to my Wii. It brought an issue just today, and I was kind of lost on this topic since information for the Wii Mods are scarce now a days.

1. Is it possible to use a SD Card to extract Mii's from the Wii to the SD Card.

2. Is it possible to use a SD Card to extract Save Game Files from the Wii to an SD Card.

etc... You probably get it by now :P.

The only option it gives me to use this is saving the files to a USB Drive. But I believe its still possible to use an SD Card.

One more thing that's been on my head lately is the compatibility of SD Cards for the Save Game Manager. I looked on here for a full list of SD Cards with what works with Home Brew Channel, and not.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Note I use a Kingston 4GB Card for modding the Wii. It is formatted to FAT 32.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    1. Make a folder on your SD card for your saves, point the custom saves path to it in the "Custom Paths" settings.
    2. Under "Features" tell it to dump your Miis and save data to EmuNAND.
    3. Under "Loader" change NAND save emulation to "Full".

3. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Alright little lost here, and I normally get really afraid when messing with NAND changers so let's get to the point.

Why do I have to dump my Mii's to emuNAND (Emulator NAND.) if it dumps it to my emu NAND would it stay on my system?

And the NAND Changer to full feature I get. That's to make it so the system fully uses its self? To save stuff to your SD Card?