OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello!

I have a strange problem with my Wii, it seems that I am unable to remove my Wii Shop account, I am at the screen where you have to enter the Wii serial number written on the bottom of the Wii and no matter how often I try, I get an error message telling me, that the number is wrong. I am 100% sure that I didn't make a mistake when entering it and tried many many times by now, so I guess the problem must be somewhere else.
I guess that maybe my Wii could be in the wrong case, I did buy it second hand and there was already a modchip in it, so I guess that maybe the case was (by accident or on purpose) replaced when modding it.

I wonder now, is there a way to recover the serial number somehow with a homebrew application or could it also be written somewhere inside the Wii on the mainboard?

Thanks and greetings!

Edit: Forgot to add a question mark in the subject and can't edit the subject now, could maybe a mod do that for me?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so, the person who owned it before you put a chip in, and has a bunch of stuff downloaded from the Shop Channel, and you want it all gone, and have your very own?

As far as I know, you can use the PinkFish disc to reset your ShopID...

althena77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the super fast reply, I will give the PinkFish Disc a try as soon as I found it
smile.gif

Actually the person who owned it before didn't spend any money on the Wii Shop, I already checked that
wink.gif

What I want to do now is changing the region of the Wii Shop Channel what it seems you can't do anymore by just changing the region with AnyRegionChanger and I read here in another thread that you have to delete your account first.
I want to buy Pole's Big Adventure from the Japanese store which I heard must be a very amazing and funny 8-Bit style Jump n' Run
biggrin.gif

althena77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried the Pink Fish Disc and it "seems" that it can help to recover my Wiis serial, on the right are all information listed like the MAC address and the Wii ID and it looked on my tv that the top information is the serial. However I couldn't be sure because I can see only half of it on my LCD tv, seems the disc uses no widescreen resolution
tongue.gif
glare.gif

But I had a look on some screenshots here at here at WiiBrew and indeed it seems to shows the Wiis serial.

I didn't find a way yet to see the serial fully on my tv, so I guess later this week I will take my Wii to a friends place and try the disc on an older tv there. Or does anyone recognize a homebrew app that also can display the serial? If not why not anyone makes something like a "Wii Info" tool that displays it and other information?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again for the hint with the Pink Fish Disc, I will report later if it worked and the serial was really correct
smile.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... i don't know how TV's are in Germany. But can you try looking in the TV settings for a 4:3 aspect ratio mode that would basically format the picture as if you were on a standard TV?

Any know if the cables could force the picture to a different resolution? Composite vs Component? Do they even use those in Germany?

althena77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Wii is connected to my LCD tv (Full HD one from Sharp) with a Component cable, so yes, they are being used also in Germany these days. I think the technology of LCD tvs is more standardized, so I hope this way we can say bye bye to the differences due to PAL and NTSC in the near future...

I played a little more around with some settings and finally got a full picture of the Pink Fish Disc and there are two things I can say now:

1. The serial displayed in the menu of the Pink Fish Disc is indeed a different one than shown on the sticker on my Wii.

2. The serial shown by the Pink Fish Disc works
biggrin.gif
So this disc can be used to recover the serial if it should be needed and people have the same problem as me or the sticker should have become unreadable. Would be cool if this could also be done by a homebrew app in the future, as I said, a info tool would be nice, that just displays various information about the Wii
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again for the hint about this disc and all the fast and helpful replies
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."