Possible to play GC games with Wii U gamepad through USB Loader GX?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by NoSoul81, Sep 24, 2018.

1. NoSoul81
    OP

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    vbarros22 likes this.
  2. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Yeah, it's possible. You have to inject USB Loader GX, but you will not have support to USB, only SD. Theres a version of USBLGX that allow you to control menu with Gamepad too.
    I don't have any specific link now to send to you, but if find I'll let here. Hope @Cyan answer you at time

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry, I found this, hope this help you: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vc-injects-or-usb-loader-gx.499175/

NoSoul81 likes this.
  3. NoSoul81
    OP

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    So you're saying it would allow gamepad support but I would lose usb support and have to put the games on my sd card? Eh that doesn't really work for me I have too many games and not a big enough sd card. But thanks anyway.

I found the thread you're referring to https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-and-nintendont-controller-options.497027/

Anyway it's all good, I do have the Wii classic controller to play Gamecube games on the vWii side of things.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Sep 25, 2018
    vbarros22 likes this.
  4. vbarros22

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Yeah, unfortunately. What I am doing is: Using a forwarder of USB Loader GX. I will not have support to Gamepad, but I have a channel on Wii U Menu to USBLGX without necessity to enter in Wii Menu, but I still have USB support (I have to change the HDD when I enter in USBLGX)
    I'm just injecting some games that are single player, GC or Wii. The multiplayers games I let on the other HDD, if some friend want to play GC or Wii with me, I go to USBLGX forwarder, change HDD and don't have problem with game limit

5. NoSoul81
    OP

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried ustealth? Then you don't have to change hard drives. It hides the Wii hard drive from Wii U and only the vWii can see it.

vbarros22 likes this.
  6. vbarros22

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Since I use Y cable on back door and Gamecube adapter in front, ustealth Is not possible for me now. I'll catch a external font to use 2 HDD in back door and then, ustealth will be needed. It's possible?

7. NoSoul81
    OP

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Hrrm not sure if you can use 2 hdd in the back or not I have a y cable in the front and Wii HDD with power supply in the back.

vbarros22 likes this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    that version is not released officially yet (because I didn't clean the sources and did proper tests), but it's available in my signature. get the 1268mod4 and replace the boot.dol file. don't bother with the patch and elf file.

don't inject USBLoaderGX boot.dol into the WiiVC channel, but the forwarderv5.1.dol instead, so you don't have to reinject it after every new release.