Possible to patch Virtual console Video modes another way?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Friendsxix, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Friendsxix
    OP

Member Friendsxix GBATemp's Autistic Pikachu

United States
    Is it possible to patch a Virtual console WAD from PAL to NTSC without using GenericWiiPatcher/Waninkoko Custom NAND Loader/Waninkoko Video mode changer?
    GenericWiiPatcher and Waninkoko Video mode changer both make the game freeze when I hit menu, and Waninkoko's Custom NAND Loader doesn't do anything.
    Reason I need this: to inject a C64 game for a Friend, since the NTSC C64 VC games have a Modified snapshot format, making it impossible with current tools to inject into them.
    Thanks for Reading!

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Gecko OS has an option to patch video modes on WiiWare/VC.

3. Friendsxix
    OP

Member Friendsxix GBATemp's Autistic Pikachu

United States
    Thanks for the suggestion, but when I use GeckoOS, it does the same thing as Waninkoko's Custom NAND Loader: Freezes with a black screen when it starts :|

EDIT: I found a NAND loader (Custom Nand-Loader MOD 1.1 by Stev418), but it forces NTSC 480p, not NTSC 480i. Is it possible for someone to recompile it to force 480i?
    Link: http://gbatemp.net/t198242-custom-nand-loa...d-1-1?&st=0

EDIT2: I'm not even sure It's forcing NTSC, because when I use Triiforce to force NTSC 480p/480i it works (still freezes when I hit menu), but Stev418's loader makes the screen flicker/roll...