Hacking Possible to "Officially" Sidegrade Firmware Offline?

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm saying is, you're not born a pro. This isn't basketball or the NFL.

Have a little patience. You were there yourself at one time in the past. What you consider common knowledge doesn't apply anymore. This is the age of youtube videos and social media. It's all "answers now... on demand". They never stop to consider relevancy.

"If its online...it must be true!"

You're still talking about people who are "NEW" and that's not WTF this is about whatsoever!!! Just let it go bro, clearly this discussion has got you feeling some type of way but I can tell you right now that I'm NOT the person to be discussing your emotions with. :sleep:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're still talking about people who are "NEW" and that's not WTF this is about whatsoever!!! Just let it go bro, clearly this discussion has got you feeling some type of way but I can tell you right now that I'm NOT the person to be discussing your emotions with. :sleep:
You are the one confusing the issue by using the word noob which is a slang version of newb or newbie which means someone who is NEW to something or someone who is inexperienced at something. So Kafluke is in the right.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, "some people just like being on latest versions of things", for no other reason than just because it's the latest version available. Because too many n00bs have "Obsessive Update Disorder".

n00b logic: Because it's the latest available that means it's the BEST so I must update right now! :rolleyes:
There’s plenty of reasons be be on the latest firm ;). Online stuff requires it, it makes getting a good dump of said firm easier (I love muh firm collection), it makes getting new crypto shit way easier, etc. new profile icons are also very important

And most shit works fine on 7.x

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s plenty of reasons be be on the latest firm ;). Online stuff requires it, it makes getting a good dump of said firm easier (I love muh firm collection), it makes getting new crypto shit way easier, etc. new profile icons are also very important

And most shit works fine on 7.x

Yeah and there's plenty of reasons to NOT be on the latest FW. So to each their own! Just don't be one of those people on here bitching about why this and that doesn't work right because you're on the "latest FW". :)

You are the one confusing the issue by using the word noob which is a slang version of newb or newbie which means someone who is NEW to something or someone who is inexperienced at something. So Kafluke is in the right.

Clearly you're part of the "Can't Read Gang", so allow me to refer you back to Page 1, Post #17 where hopefully you can do a better job of reading before you post!

Last edited by FanboyKilla,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and there's plenty of reasons to NOT be on the latest FW. So to each their own! Just don't be one of those people on here bitching about why this and that doesn't work right because you're on the "latest FW". :)
Just gonna mention that SciresM usually tests atmosphere stuff on the latest firmware first afaik ;). Also in some cases older firms have had more issues than newer ones (ex. Atmos literally didn’t work at all on <=1.0.0-15 until recently, fatal didnt work on <=2.3.0 until recently)

If you want to use an older firm that’s fine, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have less issues

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gonna mention that SciresM usually tests atmosphere stuff on the latest firmware first afaik ;). Also in some cases older firms have had more issues than newer ones (ex. Atmos literally didn’t work at all on <=1.0.0-15 until recently, fatal didnt work on <=2.3.0 until recently)

If you want to use an older firm that’s fine, but it doesn’t necessarily mean less issues

I don't know about you but I tend to use more than just ONE PIECE OF SOFTWARE on my device. So just because some tests one thing, doesn't make the rest of them stable!

And you're example is irrelevant since you're talking about software that didn't even exist when those FW's were released!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about you but I tend to use more than just ONE PIECE OF SOFTWARE on my device. So just because some tests one thing, doesn't make the rest of them stable!

And you're example is irrelevant since you're talking about software that didn't even exist when those FW's were released!
If a dev is developing stuff on a specific firmware they’re more likely to notice issues for said firmware than other firmwares...

4.x and 5.x, which are considered to be the most stable firmwares were also developed before atmosphere existed

also CFWs still don’t support the lowest firmwares, 0.X.X, Reeeeeee

Black_Dahlia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tell me one reason to stay on 6.2 rather than upgrading to the latest fw ;)

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to update my switch to the latest firmware just to install power rangers, played a bit, game is pretty good, plays like dragonball fighterz. Can’t believe power rangers needed the latest firmware, possibly the first game too, wonder if someone is going to eventually make a patch to avoid updating, game probably has to be popular enough though for someone to waste their time on that.

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to update my switch to the latest firmware just to install power rangers, played a bit, game is pretty good, plays like dragonball fighterz. Can’t believe power rangers needed the latest firmware, possibly the first game too, wonder if someone is going to eventually make a patch to avoid updating, game probably has to be popular enough though for someone to waste their time on that.

That's right, but at least you actually had a REASON TO UPGRADE! Not like the majority of these weirdos who have Obsessive Update Disorder that update just to update!

If a dev is developing stuff on a specific firmware they’re more likely to notice issues for said firmware than other firmwares...

4.x and 5.x, which are considered to be the most stable firmwares were also developed before atmosphere existed

also CFWs still don’t support the lowest firmwares, 0.X.X, Reeeeeee

No shít Sherlock! So why would I would to be on a FW that "devs are developing stuff on", when I can just hang back and wait PATIENTLY until all the bugs are worked out AND THEN UPDATE??

And regardless, who cares?? If being on the latest FW makes you feel all warm and toasty inside and helps you sleep better at night, then MORE POWER TO YOU! I could give a shit less what you do with YOUR DEVICE!

You need to calm down for a second.

Post count is looking great! Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Oh look, it's the "n00b" from the other thread, how cute.

There aren't any reasons to stay on 6.2.0, 7.0.1 is the BEST! Enjoy your "Latest FW" and your "Obsessive Update Disorder". n00b :)

Reactions: fst312

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This works. I've done it.
I've done it as well. Accidentally. :D
That's how I "went" to 7.x (luckily enough Atmo for 7.x was already released).
I used the "share game updates locally" feature until then multiple times with my buddy and didn't know it updates the FW as well lol. Lessons learned.

tomi1578

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
-snip-
But seiriseri is there any reason to not be on 7.0?

everything works on 7.0 and the one thing that didn't work goldleaf was already fixed

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it as well. Accidentally. :D
That's how I "went" to 7.x (luckily enough Atmo for 7.x was already released).
I used the "share game updates locally" feature until then multiple times with my buddy and didn't know it updates the FW as well lol. Lessons learned.

So, in other words, you ended up on 7.0.1 by mistake and you're not someone who just updates to the latest FW simply because it's the "latest FW", that about right?

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, in other words, you ended up on 7.0.1 by mistake and you're not someone who just updates to the latest FW simply because it's the "latest FW", that about right?
Correct and I would have waited even longer because there's absolutely no game I wanted to play that needed 7.x (although the Smash Bros. update needed it obviously that I pulled from my friend via WiFi). Should have installed it on my own with a firmware patch to lower the requirement but I was in a train with him and just wanted to play.
Ended up installing latest Kosmos by downloading in with my phone and putting the mSD of the Switch in there lol.

Reactions: FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct and I would have waited even longer because there's absolutely no game I wanted to play that needed 7.x (although the Smash Bros. update needed it obviously that I pulled from my friend via WiFi). Should have installed it on my own with a firmware patch to lower the requirement but I was in a train with him and just wanted to play.
Ended up installing latest Kosmos by downloading in with my phone and putting the mSD of the Switch in there lol.

"and I would have waited even longer"

Of course you would have, because you don't have "Obsessive Update Disorder"!
lol.gif

I'm not even joking when I say it's some kind of Disorder or Disease. It's like people see that there is a new version of something, and it just triggers something in their brain that makes them think they just have to have it RIGHT NOW otherwise they'll be missing out on something new and cool. I mean I expect that kind of logic from simple people who don't know any better, but I'm shocked to see so much of that kind of logic on a Forum dedicated to CFW/Hacking/Modding/Homebrew etc. PROS know better than that!

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"and I would have waited even longer"

Of course you would have, because you don't have "Obsessive Update Disorder"!
lol.gif

I'm not even joking when I say it's some kind of Disorder or Disease. It's like people see that there is a new version of something, and it just triggers something in their brain that makes them think they just have to have it RIGHT NOW otherwise they'll be missing out on something new and cool. I mean I expect that kind of logic from simple people who don't know any better, but I'm shocked to see so much of that kind of logic on a Forum dedicated to CFW/Hacking/Modding/Homebrew etc. PROS know better than that!
Well, every idiot knows that newest firmwares are never a good idea if you want to continue using CFW, hacks and stuff, at least not the day it's released.
I'm very thankful for all the beta testers though that are impatient enough to update right away. How would we know what's not working otherwise lol.

Reactions: FanboyKilla

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 6.0.0 and not all games (like newest Ace Attorney) work because of missing master keys. So yeah, there are definetily reasons to upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr