Hacking Possible to load base FW and play online (safely), while also having a CFW?

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb, old question, but I could not find a straight answer. I have a hacked Switch (obviously), and was wondering if I load the base FW, could I play a retail cart online with friends without getting banned? I only really wanna play a few games, so I don't see it being worth getting an entire unhacked switch for. Is that possible? If so, what all should I do?

Thanks and sorry for being dumb.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably a dumb, old question, but I could not find a straight answer. I have a hacked Switch (obviously), and was wondering if I load the base FW, could I play a retail cart online with friends without getting banned? I only really wanna play a few games, so I don't see it being worth getting an entire unhacked switch for. Is that possible? If so, what all should I do?

Thanks and sorry for being dumb.
As long as you've never done anything to make your sysNAND unclean (that is, accidentally booting Atmosphere sysNAND is probably safe but installing nsps on it certainly isn't and running homebrew is probably safe but it depends on what kind of homebrew since some can mess with NAND files and cheating can be detectable in some online games) and you keep your emuNAND offline or isolated from Nintendo servers using 90DNS/Incognito/or similar (Atmosphere has these two functions built in now but under other names) it's pretty safe, since emuNAND is entirely isolated from sysNAND.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm ok. I don't believe I've done anything on my sysNAND. It's booted to that after a freeze a couple of times, but that's it. I'm not running emuNAND, but rather just booting with fusee.

I would only play official carts etc in sysNAND. If I DID get banned, would it only be the console, or my nintendo account too? Don't wanna lose that haha.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm ok. I don't believe I've done anything on my sysNAND. It's booted to that after a freeze a couple of times, but that's it. I'm not running emuNAND, but rather just booting with fusee.

I would only play official carts etc in sysNAND. If I DID get banned, would it only be the console, or my nintendo account too? Don't wanna lose that haha.
account bans are only issued for very illegal eshop stuff (Like stolen credit card use, maybe even detected NSP dumping of bought games other than that it's an inreversable console ban (oh yeah and chargebacks also trigger account bans) the only company i know that'll autoban nonhacked consoles is Sony (meaning say you have a hacked ps3 with a psn attached) if you have a never touched ps4/5 with the same account it'll be banned too regardless if it was ever hacked

Reactions: ManuscriptReplica

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: So I launched in sysNAND and tried to access the store to check online, and says it cannot be reached. I disabled the custom connection settings that block nintendo. Not sure what else could be causing it.

Any ideas?

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: So I launched in sysNAND and tried to access the store to check online, and says it cannot be reached. I disabled the custom connection settings that block nintendo. Not sure what else could be causing it.

Any ideas?

Best I can tell you - I set mine up to have 1 entirely separate and phat MicroSD with emuNand + atmosphere setup on that and that never sees a single byte of internet. Sysnand is squeaky clean and I use a different, small mem card for screenshots and such to keep the built-in mem as free and clean as possible. I'd honestly recommend you and everyone else goes this route to keep things simple and safe.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So If I just take out my microSD, and use the core memory, would that work? Do I need to "unmod" and start fresh? Sorry, I'm not really sure how all this works still. Other than basic things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE:

I removed my microSD and I can access all the nintendo online stuff it seems. I imported my "legit" account. So should I be ok playing JUST cart games on this account while the SD isn't inserted? My homebrew is still listed, just not "installed". I don't want to re-do it ALL, but I will if needed.

Thanks again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE UPDATE:

Tried to launch a cart game, and needs a firmware update. Should I do that via CFW? Or via Nintendo "officially"?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to make it simple if you don't want to be banned then ONLY use cfw on emunand and only do a normal boot with sysnand.there is absolutely zero reason to use two separate sds for it the sysnand won't access the cfw files unless you specifically tell it to like by selecting cfw sysnand in hekate for example. you can use sysnand like normal as long as you do a normal boot into it. as for just using cfw on sysnand you PROBABLY won't get banned for just using Atmosphere and you PROBABLY won't get banned for doing legal things such as playing purchased games and PROBABLY won't get banned for using sysmodules such as sys clk but nobody can say with 100% certainty if that is the case.

Last edited by deathblade200,

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Seems I need the latest firmware to launch Mario Party in sysNAND (which is the main reason I wanna play it online), should I upgrade the "normal" way, or use ChoiDujourNX while booted in CFW, and then go back and play?

I ASSUME in CFW, as not to burn fuses etc.

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Ok. Seems I need the latest firmware to launch Mario Party in sysNAND (which is the main reason I wanna play it online), should I upgrade the "normal" way, or use ChoiDujourNX while booted in CFW, and then go back and play?

I ASSUME in CFW, as not to burn fuses etc.
If your talking about updating sysnand, then just do it the normal way, if its emunand, then use daybreak

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use EmuNAND online no issues too. And update it through Nintendo servers. The key is to have backed it up before yo did anything that violates the EULA. Namely piracy, cheating and the like. IF you made a backup first thing, use that to restore and make an EmuNAND. Go online. Update through ninty, (Update Atmosphere of course) no Sig patches, no cheat, no bullshit it will work and you will not be banned.

If you messed around at all you are running risk and if you pirated anything you are done for if you go online. EmuNAND and running atmosphere/hekate haven't resulted in a ban ever.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I don't have a emuNAND. Should I still update via sysNAND and all that? I won't go online with CFW of course. Or do I need to basically restart and use a emuNAND etc?

If so, what's the best way to "clean" and start again?

Sorry for all this btw.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I don't have a emuNAND. Should I still update via sysNAND and all that? I won't go online with CFW of course. Or do I need to basically restart and use a emuNAND etc?

If so, what's the best way to "clean" and start again?

Sorry for all this btw.
You need a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW/homebrew to start over and go online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb