Possible to install Gateway MSET on CFW Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by raibot, Dec 25, 2015.

1. raibot
    OP

raibot Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Hi, I have a Gateway card and running rxtools CFW, I was wondering whether it's possible to install Gateway's profile exploit on the CFW so that I load into GW mode when I go into profile settings?

Main reason I'm doing this is so that I could play on .3ds and .3dz files I have on my Gateway, while still having access to rxtools CFW.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Yes.

You can use mset to access Gateway and the web browser to access rxTools.

Or you can set up mset to access rxTools and access Gateway by the web browser.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    GW MSET only supports 4.x for O3DS, or on N3DS it can support any firmware from 9.0-9.2 if you installed older system settings app.

That means if you are on O3DS you would need a 4.x emunand and even then im not sure if loading another cfw (gw is technically a cfw) within a cfw would work at all.
    Or on N3DS you would at the very least need to keep emunand on 9.2 or lower.

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    why not load mset directly onto sysnand,

so from sysnand to rxtools cfw emunand, from rxtools cfw emunand to gw emunand? Do you have multiple emunand setup on that 1 mSD?

5. wilkie610

wilkie610 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2010
    United States
    I was wondering this myself. my system boots straight to RXtools. when i use CN to access gateway, i get the screen saying exploit was installed and done, however the top screen hangs and is solid pink. any thoughts?

6. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    i believe you can't go to other cfw mode from emunand. you have to reboot to switch cfw (treat gateway as another cfw). e.g. i have my n3ds coldboot to cakes, but if i want gw mode, i reboot and interupt the menuhax and run mset exploit on sysnand. i believe that's the closest one can get

7. wilkie610

wilkie610 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, got it working through sysnand, not that hard to remember

8. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    thats the same way I do it