Hacking Possible to install game directly without installing .vpk file?

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is: Can we unzip the vpk file and transfer assets into the correct locations directly without having to transfer and then install a .vpk file? Some games are like 3GB and you would need double that if you transferred the .vpk and then installed.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just extract the biggest folder(s) out of the vpk, install the remaining small vpk (~20mb, depending on the game) and ftp the big extracted folders into the games folder on the vita

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My question is: Can we unzip the vpk file and transfer assets into the correct locations directly without having to transfer and then install a .vpk file? Some games are like 3GB and you would need double that if you transferred the .vpk and then installed.
The only thing you can do it's install only the buble for the game so then copy the big files directly to the install folder of the game.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because we will dont need vpk anymore if we can do this. Like ps3 cfw. Only transfer the directory and play with a loader or future vitashell with eboot launch.

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly would one go about removing the bigger folders from the vpk files? would i just rename it .rar and extract then re compress it after removing the files and rename to vpk again?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
how exactly would one go about removing the bigger folders from the vpk files? would i just rename it .rar and extract then re compress it after removing the files and rename to vpk again?
Extract everything from the original vpk, compress the sce_sys folder and eboot.bin into a zip, rename it to [whatyouwant].vpk, and install it. Then move everything else that was in the original vpk into ux0:app/[yourgameID].

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

make a backup of the vpk first. open it with winrar, extract the big folder(s) then just delete them from the vpk

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Put your pkgs in a external drive and filezilla ir similar.
Go to closest friends house.
Use his computer.

Or

Buy a new router with wifi and a second network. Install and configure it.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you just wanna test the game you can it.

1. Install a HomeBrew Like DeSmuME
(Its folder is DSEMU0000) inside ux0 : Folder.

2. Unzip your game .vpk into a folder.

3. Transfer all the files using the "SAVEDATA" tutorial

4. Delete or move the content of DSEMU0000.

5. Copy all your game content to DSEMU0000 folder

6. Run DeSmuME bubble!!

I tested with FIFA 15. Works very well!!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Are you mentally handicapped?
no but i guess you must be to speak like that to other members of our community for no good reason. failing to understand is not a reason to be mean.
you have been here 5 years, how silly of me to think an old member would know better and treat other users nicely.

Could be, but it works like a charm
yeah no reason for the guy to be mean to you, you were talking about transferring the file, but the op wanted to know if you could install for example a 1gb game, it will take 1gb of space when installed yeah - if we can install without having 2gb free.
(1gb for the vpk + 1gb for the game after installed, we can delete the vpk after but it still takes 2gb until we delete it)

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games are like 3GB and you would need double that if you transferred the .vpk and then installed.
Could be, but it works like a charm
You obviously didnt read my OP. Transferring isn't the problem, installing a .vpk is. I solved the problem by extracting the data folder from the .vpk then rezipped and installed it. Afterwards i transfer the data folder in pieces to the new game folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no but i guess you must be to speak like that to other members of our community for no good reason. failing to understand is not a reason to be mean.
you have been here 5 years, how silly of me to think an old member would know better and treat other users nicely.
I'm only like that to people who don't actually READ something they are posting on. Too many people have been doing that lately and it just adds more confusion to the scene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1