Possible to inject offical Wii U GBA VC releases into 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CrazyBlergh, Jan 30, 2017.

1. CrazyBlergh
    OP

CrazyBlergh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Would be funny if it worked.

2. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

Nov 30, 2014
    Yes , you can install megaman , or super mario e reader levels (mod WiiU VC)..... for example

3. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    If you decrypt it you should be able to obtain the ROM and inject it into a vc for the 3ds. GBA VC injects work just fine on 3ds though so you could obtain the ROMs from anywhere to inject them. (Unless the wiiu has a modified version of the ROM never before seen. In which case the only place I know to obtain it is by decrypting the version sold on there shop to extract the ROM.

4. SlimPortable

SlimPortable GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Can you dump the save file from the Wii U GBA VC and inject them into 3DS gba games too? I'm not sure if there's a tool for Wii U VC games or if the save file types differ.

Last edited by SlimPortable, Jan 30, 2017
  5. mikey420

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    In not sure on the save formats used in wiiu but I'd assume its possible. But I have never tried. I mean regardless it should be possible to convert but I've not idea how or to what degree of difficulty it would be

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    search teh forums for Ultimate GBA VC Injector just i belive 3DS GBA VC's are limite dto SRAM save types and other save types the game must be patched to use SRAM

7. mikey420

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    That sounds accurate

8. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
  9. SlimPortable

SlimPortable GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    I guess I'll just give it a try and see how it goes. Does DDD dumper dump the save files of Wii U VC games or do I need something specific for them?