Possible to have 2 version of 1 game?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by holyluigi, Jan 11, 2016.

1. holyluigi
    OP

holyluigi Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I just sucessfully downgraded my n3ds and got mhx with update 1.1 working. But then a question popped into my head. Would it be possible to have a MHX v1.1 and a v1.0 on the same 3ds? Or would they just overwrite each other. I'm asking that because I then could technically give my brother my (now useless) mhx cartridge and play with him the 1.0 version. He is too afraid to downgrade and its his own decision not to do it so I respect that.
    Just would be cool if we could actually play together. (I assume you can't play together with different version ^^'). If I need to I would just get a cheap 2ds. But before I pay I just wanted to know if its possible.

2. funkybeat

funkybeat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Not sure I only had two different language games on my 3ds and both worked fine. I think it will not work if both games have the same model number. But you could get a second SD card and clone your files. Clone your emunand them install just the games you want to play with him. However you should not have a higher firmware version than your brother. Otherwise his ds will ask for a update first.

3. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I guess the best possible way to go about this would be to duplicate your NAND to another SD card. Delete the game (Let's say the newer version) and replace it (Older version). Basically, on one SD card, you have the newer version, and on the other SD card, you have the older version. Not sure why you'd want to do this, but go for it I guess lol

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    The other way would be to rebuild a CIA of the game with a different unique id.