ROM Hack Possible to hack eshop bought VC games? Enable locked content, fix screen resolution and color and..

CrazyBlergh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...keep the rest as is with all functionalities included?

More specifically: I want to be able to at least interact with in-game objects referring to linking your game even if actual linking is not possible. Two examples would be Pokemon Trading Card Game and the Oracle games.
I'd also like to play the Oracle games using GBA enhanced mode - if the original GBC games were played on a GBA, one had access to a special GBA shop. Of course it's not included in the VC versions. However, and I'm not sure on this, the color palette might be altered if played in a GBA; would like to keep the original palette.
This should not apply to GBC games, afaik the resolution and colors aren't problematic on there, but other systems 'suffer' from improper resolutions" darkening, ghosting, etc.
I'd like to be able to change all that without breaking anything else and keeping the rest of the releases 'official' - meaning, no error messages on boot up, no failed download play(if applicable; I read about this somewhere) and access to the game's manual on the homescreen(I know those are crappy barebones ones, but still.)

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legit copies? probably not. but if you can get your hands on a decrypted .cia for it, I'm willing to bet yea. good luck trying to figure out the variables for that stuff though. its hard enough trying to get them with citra and cheat engine.

CrazyBlergh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
legit copies? probably not. but if you can get your hands on a decrypted .cia for it, I'm willing to bet yea. good luck trying to figure out the variables for that stuff though. its hard enough trying to get them with citra and cheat engine.
Couldn't I decrypt it using decrypt9 in theory at least?
Haven't messed with that yet, but I'm eager to try.

CrazyBlergh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just read the readme on github and it only supports 9.x it seems? But couldn't I launch it again using safe or fasthax like I did during the a9lh process?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended