Hacking possible to hack Amiibo?

JCreazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the amiibo figures use NFC, how plausible would it be to use a phone to read the NFC tag and then rewrite it to a plain NFC tag? I don't know too much about nfc but the Wii u uses a broadcomm chip of some sort. I guess it may even be possible to use HCE on an android device to use your phone directly without programming a tag. I guess nobody knows for sure at the moment but I find it interesting to think about.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Especially unencrypted, plain text, or otherwise. That would be wishing for a miracle. I think since the Wii and DS days they have hired a proper security team for things like this.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
For me it's possible.
you need a reprogrammable nfc sensors...then copy from a nfc sensors data of amiibo on the reprogrammable then use the reprogrammable sensors to get all character...
is only a project and I suppose it works...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Especially unencrypted, plain text, or otherwise. That would be wishing for a miracle. I think since the Wii and DS days they have hired a proper security team for things like this.

even if its encrypted, a phone can't just clone it? like magnetic cards, if you have the equipment you just have to copy into another....

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This one guy was making good progress but Activision would have sued the pants off him.

Only if he was dumb and didn't practice safe internet anonymity... They can't sue you if they don't know who you are in real life.

Reactions: Margen67

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If these are like the pokemon rumble figures, they are rewritable from the wiiu itself. When you buy upgrades for the rumble nfc figures in game it saves the new data back to the figure.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the amiibo figures use NFC, how plausible would it be to use a phone to read the NFC tag and then rewrite it to a plain NFC tag? I don't know too much about nfc but the Wii u uses a broadcomm chip of some sort. I guess it may even be possible to use HCE on an android device to use your phone directly without programming a tag. I guess nobody knows for sure at the moment but I find it interesting to think about.

people have tried doing that with sky landers and i think it failed. no thats right they got threatened by activition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.