Hacking Possible to get pure 960x544p video output fromon a 3.60 PSTV?

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if it was possible to get a 960x544p video output from the PSTV?
(Without being stretched to fit within 720p or converted to 1080i)

Thanks

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, your TV would have to support such an exotic resolution in the first place. And i don't think TV's supports 544p resolution

Well I was thinking along the lines of the PSP method. Of outputting 480 x 272 within 720 x 480 with black boarders around the sides.
But in this case. 960 x 544 within 1280 x 720 and again with the black boarders around the sides. Is that doable with a hacked PSTV?

Last edited by hexcode99,

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If it is, it would be based on your TV. There should be a setting to unstretch it.
It'll have black borders along the sides, though.
If the PSTV itself controls it, it would take someone creating an app/plugin to do what you're asking.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the system supports that resolution, probably much like the ps4 can't go lower than 720P or even "900P". (I know it sounds dumb since pstv can go to 480P) Still it would be weird to do so. The system uses HDMI only output which having a resolution that the vita use would be ideal for most people on HDTV especially if it's gonna be in a small box window surrounded by black borders, it would still be stretched out to fill in screen in some way. Also, yes i know people do play games that way, I did when i used my psp and hated how videos was able to render full screen but games did not.

Someone would need to make a homebrew that customize the resolution of the device. :ninja:

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was thinking along the lines of the PSP method. Of outputting 480 x 272 within 720 x 480 with black boarders around the sides.
But in this case. 960 x 544 within 1280 x 720 and again with the black boarders around the sides. Is that doable with a hacked PSTV?

you can adjust the resolution on the PSP method?
how?

Also, besides the resoltion , how come some games look overly white on ps vita tv?

I have ninja gaiden sigma plus and the game looks faded and white-ish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!