Possible to get Portal on PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by VictorinaToriPea, Aug 11, 2012.

Aug 11, 2012
  1. VictorinaToriPea
    OP

Newcomer VictorinaToriPea Member

Hello, all! So, I have a question. I would like to play Portal on my PSP; is there any way to do this? I have a modded PSP running 6.60. Any help is very appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Victorina

2. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    Not sure if troll, stupid, or asking honest question. Going with the latter; assuming the former, but regardless, there is only one answer:

No.

1 person likes this.
  3. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Fuck no.

4. VictorinaToriPea
    OP

Okay, no need to be rude, just a question. This was honest curiosity. I did actually search beforehand and found nothing helpful, but I've gotten help on this site before, so I thought I'd ask.

5. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    And you got an answer. Although I'd think it would be painfully obvious that a six-year old handheld cannot play a game designed for 7th-gen consoles...

6. VictorinaToriPea
    OP

It was also released for PC, so I thought a port might be possible. What is painfully obvious to you isn't painfully obvious to another. Hence the question. In a forum. Designed to share information.

7. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States
    It's GBATemp... You're better off at Yahoo.. Sad to say. This place used to not be so full of trolls.

8. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    It's not open source, Source isn't ported to PSP, Valve isn't a fan of handhelds...
    There's probably a 2d homebrew version but that's it. There were quake attempts but they were pretty much fruitless.

9. mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer mad_gamer_jad Advanced Member

Lebanon
    What's with all the internet tough guys?
    Simply put, the PSP is too weak to run Portal and it's sequel, which were made for 7th generation hardware as previously mentioned, and require higher end PCs to run decently. Emulation/porting would require a ton of effort and downgrading thus won't happen.
    If you're interested though, the DS has a neat homebrew called Still Alive(Available on FileTrip) which is pretty much 2D Portal, and I bet there is some similar homebrew for PSP

1 person likes this.
  10. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    there is a Portal-like homebrew called Gateway (link is from this wololo thread). Havent played it myself.

11. VictorinaToriPea
    OP

Thank you. See, that was all I was asking. I had seen a couple of videos of the Gateway homebrew, so I thought maybe there had been some way to play it. I figured it might be too heavy to run on the PSP, but you never know until you ask, right? Thanks for the info about the DS, I'll go check that out.

12. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    hmmm, trying it out now and the version from the link i posted just loads shareware quake for me. May need to google up another link.

edit: ah found the readme- its just a portal style gun added.

another edit: found another Portal homebrew based on Kurok called Quartal beta_2.5.

Edited by VatoLoco, 23 August 1988 - 06:66 AM.