Possible to force Wii games video output in xNEEK?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bitbyte, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I was wondering if it's possible to force the video output in xNEEK, just like DM allows you to do for Gamecube games. I have an NTSC Wii and all my games are NTSC too, but I want to hook up my Wii to my old PAL SDTV.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Loaders that work under xneek can force video output, just as they can on real nand. I cannot vouch for the system menu, though. It's worth a shot. If it doesn't work, you can try building a PAL nand with modmii and use that on your PAL Television. Forcing PAL on NTSC games probably works (I say probably because my television is able to display both PAL and NTSC...as such, I can't claim with certainty that it actually DOES force PAL on anything).

3. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    What loaders can you use though? I'm not aware of any loaders that are still updated that work with xNEEK.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Wiiflow and postloader for sure (one of the developers of wiiflowalso develops neek2o, a mod of xneek). I think GX as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

5. djlnr

Newcomer djlnr Newbie

United Kingdom
    I use gamecube booter to launch gamecube iso's, i have found that class 4 and over microSD's within a usb reader works great on most uncompressed iso's straight off the net, but using them with a class 2 microSD or slow old usb stick is a no go especially if one hasn't formatted memSD or stick at a admin level aka Command line partition/format.. I have done some tests and found that when working with DIOS MIOS gamecube booter from even the wii launcher channel the images need to be smooth especially the one's that don't shrink much, theres just a 3 second pause and black screen then dios mios appears and iso's run smoothly and some even faster than the original game, works great for old football games like my favourite of all time Virtual Striker 2 and 3 and one is pal and other is ntsc which is great for testing also when starting a match i can make com vs com just to see how great and effient the AI programming buffer is holding up just so i know how to compress first person or third person packed titles such as Timesplitters or call of duty ect.. Also because i do some programming in a specific area i must touch upon memory, compressed isn't also the best for all games especially the AI type type ones i mentioned which act upon what we do rather than most elements in game having their own container rule sets regardless of user interaction, and couple that with maybe not the best memory it would be best to set the alignments when compressing rather than auto, 64k for 8GB+ crap slow class 2 memCARDSusb or usbsticks and 32k for under 8GB mems.. I may do a whole post on findings and mem experience especially when using iso loaders and emulator loaders that have mem rules we cannot set so we must save the loader and storage device from over working by making our emulation tools see the iso as a raw digital file rather than a raw disc. Last but not least i don't use any disc within my Wii but i have heard it helps to have a disc (any disc) in there just to fool the Wii upon booting game but i think this was in old versions of usb emu, i think all other loaders are for eye candy and are not stable especially if someone has to rely on youtube to figure it out, that being said i strongly recommend a standard booter if you just want to play gamecube flawlessly, devolution is great for the save mem card feature i think but i will wait for dios mios to get better with other crap, for now i can actually say i own a gamecube again.. I have another Wii with over 50 wii game discs for wii games, the wii second hand in my region is about the same price as a gamecube so it made loads of sense and i still had my old wii and even an old GC controller which works perfectly.. Game on..
    I can't wait for game network features or the source code when or if it ever becomes available...