possible to edit bootmii ios?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jefffisher, Aug 28, 2010.

Aug 28, 2010
  1. jefffisher
    OP

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    alright so my reason for asking this is i like sneek but i also like my real wii so don't want sneek autobooting everytime, yes i know switching memory cards is a quick and easy task but i live with 13 people most of which like to use my wii and all of them love to lose things and that memory card will disappear if it ever leaves the wii.

so what i would like to do is leave bootmii boot2 in place autoloading bootmii as it does but also have the sneek armboot.bin on the sd card named something else and be able to boot that from bootmii ios homebrew channel.

i have little to no knowledge on how this works but it seems to me when you push the load bootmii button in homebrew channel it loads ios 254 which then loads armboot.bin so it could be something as simple as changing the filename in the ios.

any help or input would be appreciated. besides just take out the sd card use switch2sneek or bootmii configuration editor i already know about those and it's not what i am looking for.

TL;DR I want bootmii boot2 to load bootmii and bootmii ios to load sneek both on the same SD card.

thanks

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    look into bootmii configurator, I've heard SNEEK expert ChokeD say that works wonders when switching to and from SNEEK (even better than switch2sneek)

3. jefffisher
    OP

United States
    that program has a dsi error for me when loaded from in sneek so it only works one way.

i'd much rather have an edited bootmii ios if there is any way possible.
    i have no idea how but it shouldn't be a problem to change one line of text for anyone who knows anything about patching an ios.

4. jefffisher
    OP

United States
    sorry for the bump but it fell a few pages back, anybody got an idea?