Possible to dump SSBB to USB using WiiFlow?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sYndrome13, Feb 11, 2010.

Feb 11, 2010
  1. sYndrome13
    OP

Member sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've dumped all but 2 of the Wii games I own to an external drive using WiiFlow. There's no need to dump Wii Fit since I have Wii Fit Plus installed on the drive; the last title is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Is it possible to dump a retail SSBB disc to a USB external drive using WiiFlow?

I'd rather hear from experts before making the attempt as the sounds my Wii's DVD drive makes when trying to read from discs suggests that the drive is on its way out. I'm trying to preserve what remains of the operational life of the DVD drive, which is one reason I've dumped my games to a USB drive and use WiiFlow to load them.

I've tried searching for an answer to this question for about 15 minutes now, but all I can find are questions about downloaded rips of SSBB.

I'd appreciate any insight. [​IMG]

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can dump Brawl via a USB loader. Note that the partitions used for the Masterpieces section will get corrupted (not that softmods can use it). Regular gameplay (including the Subspace Emissary) will work.

Remember you may not use cIOS rev14 or rev16, as those revisions can only use single-layered discs.

3. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    I dumped my SSBB disc on my friends Flash Drive and he only has cIOS rev14 and it worked like a charm.

4. sYndrome13
    OP

United States
    Was it a retail disc? Also, what USB loader did you use?

5. sYndrome13
    OP

United States
    I'm getting ready to install cIOS rev17 now, but before I do, I wanted to ask: Will it be possible to dump SSBB to USB using WiiFlow with cIOS rev17 installed?

6. tommyv

Newcomer tommyv Advanced Member

United States
    yes man

7. sYndrome13
    OP

United States
    Great. Thanks. [​IMG]